PDA

View Full Version : RRA Dominator2 EOTech Mount

Locutus
02-13-12, 21:10
Does anyone have any experience with the RRA Dominator2 EOTech Mount? I'm wondering:

1. Is the A2 sight a quality sight?

2. Does the single clamping point allow for movement? I'm surprised there isn't a clamp on the front...

If it will stay put and has a quality sight mechanism, then I think this is exactly what I'm looking for.

NCPatrolAR
02-13-12, 21:53
I used one several years ago. I don't recall any quality issues with the iron sight or the attachment method. Only reason I ditched was due to me not liking A2 sights

Locutus
02-13-12, 21:58
I used one several years ago. I don't recall any quality issues with the iron sight or the attachment method. Only reason I ditched was due to me not liking A2 sights

Thanks! I'm glad to hear of no quality issues for you. As far as (not) liking A2 sights, I carried an M16A1 for over ten years before we got the A2 and I thought the A2 sights were the greatest thing since sliced bread - to each, his own. :D

NCPatrolAR
02-13-12, 22:09
Thanks! I'm glad to hear of no quality issues for you. As far as (not) liking A2 sights, I carried an M16A1 for over ten years before we got the A2 and I thought the A2 sights were the greatest thing since sliced bread - to each, his own. :D

I used nothing but A2 sights when using an A2 or M4 and now like the A1 style sights. :D

snakedoc257
02-14-12, 16:52
I use one on my duty rifle and have for years. I have had no issues with movement or quality. Thousands of rounds and lots of training. I have one of the first ones on my duty rifle and the most recent version on my HD gun. The older ones only had one mounting slot for the EOtech where the new ones have multiple. They work well for me, however I haven't found much love for RRA or EOtech here. There are a lot more options out there. When I got my rifle there wasn't as many sight/mount companies out as there is now.

darbn
02-14-12, 17:28
I had one on my rifle and the quality was very nice. I decided to go with a flip up rear.