PDA

View Full Version : HK45c prices

Mr blasty
02-14-12, 12:27
Whats a good price for an HK45c? My LGS has them for $1099 but there a bunch of ripoff artist that cater to fudds and mall ninjas at $1500 a bushy. If any MN users see this I'm not apposed to doing a FTF next month for a used one in good condition. I'm looking for DA/SA with safety for AIWB carry and have NO desire to use my glock for this.

cjb1911
02-14-12, 12:29
750-850 used

Of course it all depends on if its a US or German model...

Abraxas
02-14-12, 12:40
Here is one another member has up. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99180

Mr blasty
02-14-12, 13:23
750-850 used

Of course it all depends on if its a US or German model...

Wasn't even aware there was a German model. Let me guess. It's the better one. Any parts differences between the two or is it just quality differences?

Mr blasty
02-14-12, 13:25
Here is one another member has up. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99180

If he still has it mid next month I'll probably take him up on it. I can't afford one till then. Thanks for the heads up.

cjb1911
02-14-12, 13:26
Wasn't even aware there was a German model. Let me guess. It's the better one. Any parts differences between the two or is it just quality differences?

I've had both and can't honestly see a difference but there are people out there that swear the german model is better and worth a premium...

d90king
02-14-12, 13:29
New they are around $925-1k depending on night sights or not. I paid $900 ish for a night sight one a couple weeks ago. I would have to check the exact amount because I bought a bunch of stuff that day and don't remember the exact amount. If need be I'll check for you.

If at all possible I would buy the night sight model as the other sights are horrible and almost have to be ripped of immediately. The night sights are actually usable until you can put some proper sights on it. Heines seem to own the market on the Hk 45 and P30.

Mr blasty
02-14-12, 13:35
New they are around $925-1k depending on night sights or not. I paid $900 ish for a night sight one a couple weeks ago. I would have to check the exact amount because I bought a bunch of stuff that day and don't remember the exact amount. If need be I'll check for you.

If at all possible I would buy the night sight model as the other sights are horrible and almost have to be ripped of immediately. The night sights are actually usable until you can put some proper sights on it. Heines seem to own the market on the Hk 45 and P30.

I'm pretty particular on sights but I agree, night sights need to be on my pistols before I even shoot them. I haven't looked into what sights are even available for these yet. Could you post a pic of the night sights that came on it? I'd most certainly be interested in what you paid, thanks.

Mr blasty
02-14-12, 13:36
I've had both and can't honestly see a difference but there are people out there that swear the german model is better and worth a premium...

Of course, it's German! :lol:

d90king
02-14-12, 13:48
I'm pretty particular on sights but I agree, night sights need to be on my pistols before I even shoot them. I haven't looked into what sights are even available for these yet. Could you post a pic of the night sights that came on it? I'd most certainly be interested in what you paid, thanks.

I'll get better pics for you when I get home but here is a start. You will see that they are a different profile than the glow in the dark pieces of shit like on the P30 below. There are very few options when you are talking about aftermarket sights for the Hk45/Hk45C and Heine is pretty much the best option out there...
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/75374337.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/73814c8d.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/20df6027.jpg

cjb1911
02-14-12, 13:53
I agree with D90, the stock sights are next to useless. The factory mep night sights are decent, but I'd rather Heinies...

BTW, Love the HK45C
Just looks mean!

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23445&d=1328760241

Battle*Hound
02-14-12, 14:39
Where are the US models made?

cjb1911
02-14-12, 14:59
Where are the US models made?

New Hampshire

one
02-14-12, 15:14
Seriously, I have a German 45C and an American factory full size 45. Both of these guns appear equal in quality to me. While I'm happy my C says Germany on the frame I can honestly say that in no way would I be disappointed had it been a US production pistol.

The full size has been through two high round count pistol classes and thousands of rounds beyond that. Not a single bobble of any kind.

Battle*Hound
02-14-12, 16:58
New Hampshire

Oh ok...same as Sig I do Believe.

Battle*Hound
02-14-12, 17:01
The full size has been through two high round count pistol classes and thousands of rounds beyond that. Not a single bobble of any kind.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya...I have been shooting the same 'stock' Full Size USP 45 for about 10 or 11 years and I have never been given any reason to worry about it failing. It hasn't missed a beat. I am wanting to get a HK45 this summer though...time for an upgrade!

one
02-14-12, 17:50
You won't regret it at all, I don't think. It's a very nice pistol.

d90king
02-14-12, 18:22
It should also be noted that the rail SUCKS balls. You will not be able to use a SF WML unless you want to bastardize it and have part of it hanging off your gun.

It appear the TLR3 will fit, and the, "to be released SF mini" will fit. Personally I'm not putting a $75 unproven light on my gun. I am thinking of adding the new Crimson trace laser I saw (if it works with an Hk45C) until a proper light comes out for it.

I'm really surprised that Hk made such a stupid design mistake on such a well thought out, and well built gun like the Hk 45C. Why they would put a rail on this gun, that doesn't work with basically anything on the market (for the most part), is a mystery to me (other than because they hate us).:blink: A proper rail could have easily been achieved on this pistol.

I know you gotta take the good with the bad and all, but damn this pistol is damn near perfect so it pisses me off... I'm just keeping it real, so don't throw rocks at me through your computer screen. :help:

Battle*Hound
02-14-12, 18:43
Are the rail issues the same for both HK45 and compact? I've yet to get my paws on either.

d90king
02-14-12, 19:13
Are the rail issues the same for both HK45 and compact? I've yet to get my paws on either.

Just the C's...

montrala
02-15-12, 09:51

No differences really. HK shipped moulds and tooling to make HK45 and HK45C frames to US. All other stuff comes from Oberndorf and assembled in USA. There are no known quality differences between "made in Germany" and "made in USA" HK45 and HK45C.

Only ones made in Germany are in small numbers, so some might look for "collector value". That is all.

Mr blasty
02-15-12, 11:57
I'll just get whatever I can find a deal on then if they are both equal. It doesn't matter if it has night sights or not because I'll just get a set of Heinies right away anyways. As far as the brain fart of a rail goes I have no problem modding an X300 to fit it but I intend to use this gun for AIWB primarily so a WML won't be used much.

Maverick07
02-15-12, 22:18
I have an opportunity to purchase a used HK45c with the extra mag and backstrap for a shade over $600.00. It has seen some use and has some cosmetic slide wear from holstering but nothing excessive. I would rate it at "very good" condition.

What say you HK addicts about the price? It looks like a good chance but I admit my knowledged of used HK's is limited

Sensei
02-15-12, 22:37
I have an opportunity to purchase a used HK45c with the extra mag and backstrap for a shade over $600.00. It has seen some use and has some cosmetic slide wear from holstering but nothing excessive. I would rate it at "very good" condition.

What say you HK addicts about the price? It looks like a good chance but I admit my knowledged of used HK's is limited

$600 is about right for very good condition. You would struggle to find a new one for under $900.

cjb1911
02-15-12, 22:53

thats a great price i would jump on it

one
02-15-12, 23:27
If I were you and serious about one, and it's as described I would be paying instead of posting. But no fault on verifying a value before buying.

Maverick07
02-15-12, 23:58
I have a deposit on it pending formal layaway over the weekend. Thanks for the feedback... it confirms what I thought. My handgun for duty use for a while is the Glock 19 so this is a definite shift in weapon platform in terms of both mechanical operation and caliber. However, the HK45c is on the allowed list of pistols we can use and having shot my friend's pistolI was impressed in the handling, weight, ergonomics and accuracy. I don't mind the 9mm but have always had a preference for the potential of the .45.

Biggest drawback is the DA trigger and training to get the muscle memory back up to speed... but it is no worse than the M9.

one
02-16-12, 01:38
I carried my HK's condition one, cocked and locked, for years before finally coming to terms with, and falling in love with, the light LEM trigger.

Mr blasty
02-16-12, 02:11
I would love the LEM except for the fact that I plan on having it pointing towards my crotch!:blink: Condition one is fine for me though. I just want a hammer and safety for this particular gun.

d90king
02-16-12, 05:49
thats a great price i would jump on it

Agreed!

montrala
02-16-12, 05:51
I would love the LEM except for the fact that I plan on having it pointing towards my crotch!:blink: Condition one is fine for me though. I just want a hammer and safety for this particular gun.

Funny thing. Because my HK point toward my crotch, I prefer LEM. I would feel very uncomfortable with condition one :fie:

I put my finger on top of hammer for re-holstering.

d90king
02-16-12, 05:56
Funny thing. Because my HK point toward my crotch, I prefer LEM. I would feel very uncomfortable with condition one :fie:

Well thought out reasoning for AIWB carry... Keep in mind it would be like carrying a Glock, you do still have a safety as a single back up, but not multiple fail safes carrying cond 1 with a hammer.... It is nice to be able to ride the hammer, but in theory you could still ride the LEM hammer too.

LRB45
02-16-12, 06:03
Quick question on the rail. Is the rail just too short to mount a Surefire light on it properly or is there another oddity to it?

Thanks

d90king
02-16-12, 06:34
Quick question on the rail. Is the rail just too short to mount a Surefire light on it properly or is there another oddity to it?

Thanks

To short or the light is to long depending on how you prefer to look at it...

Talon167
02-16-12, 08:23
New they go for $975-1040 near me.

FWIW, you can fit a TLR1 on it but you have to modify the TLR1 slightly. I can’t remember how but I don’t think it’s very involved. A quick search on HKpro forums will probably turn it up quite quickly.

one
02-16-12, 09:34
One single solitary step too short.

Maverick07
02-16-12, 09:42
I was looking for mags on CDNN for the HK45c I have on deposit and I came across their listing for new HK45c's - $918.00. Sounds pretty good. Here the link to their PDF catalogue if anyone is interested:

http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2012-1/index.html

HK pistols are on page 22/23.

cjb1911
02-16-12, 09:43

I agree with this, I prefer LEM for AIWB carry b/c of the long take up before it breaks. JMO

Chowser
02-17-12, 23:20
wow. prices are all over the board. my sgt. said he had one new in box last year and wanted to know if i wanted it, buyer backed out on him. he was going to sell it to me for $875. I should've snatched it up.
i'll have to see if he still has it now. stupid me ended up buying a car that day so i had no surplus cash lying around.

:(

hk prices are crazy. back when the usp compact in .357sig first came out, he got it for me new with night sights and three mags for $569. then the p2000 in .357sig came out, same setup was $629.

he just bought a new p2000 in .357sig last year and it was over $700.

i don't remember, but the usp compact .45 he got for me in 2010 was $759 or something.