PDA

View Full Version : Tritium Sight Question...does anyone make this?

ASH556
02-15-12, 15:18
I just made the swap from Glock to M&P and my 2 new M&P's should be at my FFL tomorrow (thanks Grant!)

Based on my shooting experience, which is mostly with handguns, I'd like a set of sights that were black on black, but with a verticle stripe of tritium on the front sight blade to help it show up in low light. I simply find the dots too distracting, even with the Heine Straight Eights I had on my G19 (no white outlines and fairly small Tritium Viles).

Does anyone know of such a product?

Thank you!

ASH556
02-15-12, 15:35
Well, I just talked to Rick @ Ameriglo, Justin @ XS, and someone who didn't give his name at Novak's. They all say they can't do it. Damn, that's frustrating. Seems like a viable concept.

To further elaborate, the purpose is that I find a dot situated below the top of the front sight blade to be distracting and tend to want to focus on the dot instead of the blade. I feel that a vertical stripe would eliminate this false focal point.

Any help from anyone?

rangerjay
02-15-12, 16:51
maybe tooltech? http://www.tooltechgunsight.com

Spiffums
02-16-12, 11:55
Maybe the glow in the dark sight paint?

incognito
02-16-12, 12:09
A strip of fiber optic cut to the size of the front sight post, that gets it's illumination from the tritium underneath would work, I would think.

ASH556
02-16-12, 12:12
Maybe the glow in the dark sight paint?

How does that stuff work and where can I get some?
spoke with the folks linked above this AM and they can do it, but want $200. Sight paint is probably a lot cheaper.

R0CKETMAN
02-16-12, 14:17
I simply find the dots too distracting, even with the Heine Straight Eights I had on my G19 (no white outlines and fairly small Tritium Viles).

Does anyone know of such a product?

Thank you!

I want my front sight to be distracting thus my eye is drawn to it.

Have you considered yellow dot front? By nature it's about half as bright as green.

Also, the orange ringed ameriglo is super fast. You may also find what you want in FO rather than tritium.

ASH556
02-16-12, 14:32
I want my front sight to be distracting thus my eye is drawn to it.

Have you considered yellow dot front? By nature it's about half as bright as green.

Also, the orange ringed ameriglo is super fast. You may also find what you want in FO rather than tritium.

I want to look at the front sight for sure, but I want to be looking at the very top of the blade and aligning it with the top of the rear, and then placing that alignment on the target. Far too often, what happens is the tendency to put the dot on the target resulting in a low hit.

Chowser
02-17-12, 23:24
i tried some of that sight paint, can't remember the company. crap didn't work right, tossed it in the bottom of the drawer. wasted $20.

my current setup on my duty gun is this:

(it's the one on the right) this is from the guy that sells them. i'm going to try some of the ones on the left next for my next glock.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7259/p1010225g.jpg

different angle, i tried to take a picture of my slide that shows what it looks like
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3029/20111003235334.jpg

the big orange dot draws out the front sight. $85 or so, i don't recall exactly.