PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here going to shoot Snipercraft comp?

robo
02-15-12, 21:05
Just curious if anyone here is going to shoot the Snipercraft comp in March down here in Florida?

taliv
02-15-12, 22:09
got a link?

I'll be shooting the K&M PRS match in the panhandle 3-4 Mar

robo
02-15-12, 22:17
Snipercraft.org

taliv
02-15-12, 22:29
that might be the worst website i've seen this decade, so i might have missed it... but i see two events in april, open to active certified LEO only, and nothing in march.

what makes their competition different than the dozens of other LEO sniper competitions? (i'm not knocking it, just asking, as i didn't see any info on their page)

robo
02-16-12, 03:56
To be completely honest I have no idea what seperates itself from other comps. I was invited by a LEO friend who shot it two years ago. It's opened to MIL/LEO only, but I guess they have some good sponsers because 1st place team gets a pair of AI AWS rifles. I'm off during the specified time frame and he needed a teammatebc his sniper buddy is on med leave. So I pretty Much said "have gun, will travel"I pretty much have no idea what I'm getting Into, somewhat the norm. I wonder if I could get put on TDY.....hmmmmm?

DMR
02-16-12, 11:40
Participation is open only to active, certified police SWAT team and military personnel.

A buddy and I shot there in the 90s. The unit allowed us permissive TDY, ie, we paid out of pocket to go, but were not charged leave days. Pretty interesting comp, back then, but they did not allow semi-autos.

The courses were preety interesting and very differant then .mil type shooting. If I still qualified to attend and had the resources to do so I would attend this.