PDA

View Full Version : Spikes tactical GTG?

callen3615
02-15-12, 21:44
Is spikes tactical good to go? Seems they use quality parts to specification. Am I asking for trouble here?

Thanks

ffusaf23
02-15-12, 21:48
Use the orange search button and you will probably not have to ask for anything for quite some time...Good luck with your search.

Jake Bauer
02-15-12, 21:48
Am I asking for trouble here

Yes. Expect this thread to be closed soon for no other good reason except that a Spikes is not a BCM/DD/Colt/Noveske/LMT. I for one think that they are indeed "GTG". Much better than a lot of other mid tier ARs out there anyway.

devinsdad
02-15-12, 21:49
I use some of their components and have no issue with them. Good price and good quality. As far as asking for trouble...here, if it ain't BCM, LMT, DD, Colt , Noveske or LaRue...yes.

Ha, beat me by a minute with the same answer!!

DeltaSierra
02-15-12, 21:50
http://bit.ly/ylsi1O

http://m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=3986361

callen3615
02-15-12, 21:50
If you look at the m4 chart they mirror BCM on every column. Whats not to like?

Locutus
02-15-12, 21:52
Are they the one with the Punisher's (comic book hero) logo on the side?

DeltaSierra
02-15-12, 21:55
If you look at the m4 chart they mirror BCM on every column. Whats not to like?

Because they are a scum bag, lying, price-gouging company....

I prefer to support companies that don't insult my intelligence with their claims and advertising.

Do some research on the decibel reduction claims that Spikes was making about their new suppressor. Anyone that makes statements like they did doesn't deserve my business.

Not only that, but research what they did the day after the election last time around....

callen3615
02-15-12, 21:56
Because they are a scum bag, lying, price-gouging company....

I prefer to support companies that don't insult my intelligence with their claims and advertising.

Do some research on the decibel reduction claims that Spikes was making about their new suppressor. Anyone that makes statements like they did doesn't deserve my business.

Not only that, but research what they did the day after the election last time around....Price gouging? HA! have you looked at BCM compared to spikes? Not sure I follow you.

Evil Colt 6920
02-15-12, 21:58
I bought from Spikes several times. They sent the wrong color(clear) mags on one order. I called them up and was told they realized they messed up before I even called and had already shipped the correct order plus a t-shirt. They said dont worry about sending the clear mags back. I was more than pleased. Painted the clear mags black and GTG:cool:
HOWEVER this was over 2 years ago. Since then Ive heard from members here that their CS went down hill big time. Its been a while since Ive heard anything negative so I too wonder... is Spikes currently good to go?

DeltaSierra
02-15-12, 21:59
Not sure I follow you.

Like I said, do some research on what they did the day after the last election...

SWATcop556
02-15-12, 22:29
Old topic. Same butt hurt.

OP I suggest searching the site and make your own informed decision.

I personally won't by shit from Spikes.

JSantoro
02-15-12, 22:33
Yes. Expect this thread to be closed soon for no other good reason except that a Spikes is not a BCM/DD/Colt/Noveske/LMT.

In point of fact, these threads get shut down because 1) there's a cornucopia of them 2) that are easily found via the either Search function, which newer members need to learn how to use...by using them, primarily... and 3) because they get needlessly strident and shrill to the point of being completely worthless.

YOU don't have to clean up the messes, so please forgive us if we ensure that messes fail to happen in the first place.

In the future, try your best to not mistake the actions of the posters within threads for the actions of the moderator staff. If you have something to say about the site's level and method of moderation, click on my name, PM me, and let your grievances be known.

EDIT: SWAT, sorry, you and I were typing at the same time. Gonna let this post stand, so as to give Herr Bauer a chance to brief me on as to why threads get closed.