PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 LPK?

Lawdog-1
02-16-12, 07:51
What is the Top 10LPK beside Colt that is like buying Gold? I am looking a LPK that I can put in my Noveske low shelf lower that I can trust my Life with that goes Bang ever time.

DialTone301
02-16-12, 08:01
I have been happy with the one that G&R sells.

C4IGrant
02-16-12, 08:26
As a real anal SOB when it comes to LPK's, there is only one true Mil-Spec LPK and that is Colt. After that, I rank LMT as second best (can't buy these though).

I really hate to rank our LPK's, but let's just say that we use LMT parts in ours. ;)

C4

bsmith_shoot
02-16-12, 08:47
Got mine from Grant. Thats all I know, and all I need to know.

PD Sgt.
02-16-12, 08:48
As a real anal SOB when it comes to LPK's, there is only one true Mil-Spec LPK and that is Colt. After that, I rank LMT as second best (can't buy these though).

I really hate to rank our LPK's, but let's just say that we use LMT parts in ours. ;)

C4

Do you have an ETA for when these will be back in stock?

C4IGrant
02-16-12, 08:50
Do you have an ETA for when these will be back in stock?

We got a shipment in, but are filling back orders currently before turning them on the website.

C4

Grease Monkey
02-16-12, 08:52
I don't know that there is 10 to choose from........

Besides Colt, you have Stag/CMT, Daniel Defense, G&R and PSA that I'd say is your best bet. You hear LMT but you can't buy them so there's no point in mentioning them.

davemcdonald
02-16-12, 09:11
"As a real anal SOB ***corrected text*** :laugh:, there is only one true Mil-Spec LPK and that is Colt. After that, I rank LMT as second best (can't buy these though).

I really hate to rank our LPK's, but let's just say that we use LMT parts in ours.

C4 "

Grant
I thought I read somewhere that you were going to start carrying Colt LPK's in the near future. In which case Lawdog's need not search more.

Lawdog-1
02-16-12, 11:05
I Hate the Trigger Pull in my Colt LE 6920 is gritty and heavy. The LPK I have installed using DPMS and Doublestar have lot better pull than Colt.

C4IGrant
02-16-12, 11:08
"As a real anal SOB ***corrected text*** :laugh:, there is only one true Mil-Spec LPK and that is Colt. After that, I rank LMT as second best (can't buy these though).

I really hate to rank our LPK's, but let's just say that we use LMT parts in ours.

C4 "

Grant
I thought I read somewhere that you were going to start carrying Colt LPK's in the near future. In which case Lawdog's need not search more.

We do have them, but are just out currently.

C4

C4IGrant
02-16-12, 11:09
I Hate the Trigger Pull in my Colt LE 6920 is gritty and heavy. The LPK I have installed using DPMS and Doublestar have lot better pull than Colt.

Trigger pull "feel" does not equal quality. So you cannot use that as a tool to judge if something is quality or not (when looking at USGI FCG).

C4

Lawdog-1
02-16-12, 11:13
What size is the standed pin size like DD,LMT DPMS,CMT,STAG,Bushmaster and so on?

C4IGrant
02-16-12, 11:13
What size is the standed pin size like DD,LMT DPMS,CMT,STAG,Bushmaster and so on?

All the same. .154.

C4

Lawdog-1
02-16-12, 11:23
thanks Grant.

mikeith
02-16-12, 11:33
We got a shipment in, but are filling back orders currently before turning them on the website.

C4

:D awesome! PLEEEEASE tell me that part you said "may" be available for me late this week is going to be!?

Eric D.
02-16-12, 11:35
I really like Daniel Defense lpk's. The trigger and selector both operate crisply. DD also makes everything but the springs in-house.

One thing I've noticed about lesser quality lpk's is the hardness of the parts. After about 200 rounds on a bushmaster lpk i had, I noticed a small divot forming in the bolt catch where the bolt lugs run across it. The DD lpk I am currently using does not exhibit this divot after nearly 800 rounds.

MrSmitty
02-16-12, 11:41
If you want the best, go with Colt. I've been ordering from Specialized Armament and getting just the parts I need since I always replace the mag catch, selector, and trigger anyway. Only downside with SA is the cost of shipping. It will cost you a little more but you could always go this route and then pick up one of the new ALG Defense triggers.

Alex V
02-16-12, 15:19
Got mine one from Grant and one from PSA. Can't really tell the difference other than the PSA one came with a weird looking safety selector and was cheaper. But I am a total noob.

Can't say anything negative about either to be honest.

WS6
02-16-12, 23:27
I'm not sure, but I heard Noveske uses Stag. I have a factory built Noveske w/Geissele SSA trigger. Good setup, or should I do something about it?

Stickman
02-17-12, 00:00
I'm not sure, but I heard Noveske uses Stag. I have a factory built Noveske w/Geissele SSA trigger. Good setup, or should I do something about it?

You would be hard pressed to do better than what John is spec'ing out along with the SSA.

WS6
02-17-12, 00:02
You would be hard pressed to do better than what John is spec'ing out along with the SSA.

Thanks!