PDA

View Full Version : Best Q/D riser mount on the market for PTR91?

Heckler&Coke
02-16-12, 12:14
Looking for a "top tier" riser mount with pic top, Q/D preferred. Will be used for a compact ACOG atop a PTR91. The problem is, and it's one I've put up with for awhile, that the front sight post interferes with the bottom quarter of the view through the scope...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/vsog/IMAG0239.jpg

Looking at the American Defense AD170VPG but little info seems to be out there on it...

Any more suggestions? Feelings on the AD mount? I've considered the $10 Yankee Hill Riser as a more wallet friendly alternative, but 1.) I don't trust $10 items, even from YHM, 2.) Want Q/D capability

Failure2Stop
02-16-12, 14:18
I moved this to "Other Assault Rifles" as I believe that you will get more exposure from those using similar setups over here.

SteyrAUG
02-16-12, 14:58
It's not QD, but the B&T low rails are probably as good as it gets.

The_War_Wagon
02-16-12, 16:29
It's not QD, but the B&T low rails are probably as good as it gets.

If i had to do it AGAIN, I'd look MORE closely at B&T. That said, I run MFI; NOT QD, but VERY adequate to the task!

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-Low-Profile-Scope-Mount-For-HK-Rifle-Pistols-118p762.htm

Heckler&Coke
02-16-12, 18:08
Guys I already have the flattop welded pic rail straight from the factory...looking strictly for a riser so my view through the acog isn't interfered with.

Heckler&Coke
02-18-12, 00:11
Guys???

SteyrAUG
02-18-12, 00:26
Guys I already have the flattop welded pic rail straight from the factory...looking strictly for a riser so my view through the acog isn't interfered with.

Sorry about that, missed it the first time.

I would think just about any quality riser from ARMS, Troy or LaRue would work.

Heckler&Coke
02-18-12, 01:56
Sorry about that, missed it the first time.

I would think just about any quality riser from ARMS, Troy or LaRue would work.

Hmm, I didn't even think of ARMS or LaRue... Thanks. I wonder if the height of the A.R.M.S. #63 allows for HK irons? 3/4th of an inch seems about right...