PDA

View Full Version : Underbarrel Grenade Launcher Preference?

Vapor Trail
02-16-12, 19:54
Hi everyone, I haven't been posting in a while. I've been taking your advice: reading more and posting less. I've learned a lot, and recently I started developing an interest in UGLs. The XM25 is certainly impressive, but as a heavy/expensive standalone weapon it certainly has its downsides. 40mm launchers, on the other hand, are lightweight in comparison and can be mounted under a service rifle, providing a squad with significantly more firepower. The addition of more advanced ammunition, such as the MEI Hellhound and Mercury rounds, further increase the lethality of the weapon. 40mm launchers can now have an effective range of 800 meters, which I think is very impressive.

Anyway, I've been comparing UGLs and can't decide what my favorite is. My question to you all is which of the above-mentioned weapons you would want mounted under your rifle or carbine (or in a standalone configuration). Even though I can't possibly be in the market, it's still fun to read about them and appreciate the technology.

If you've had any experience with any 40mm, please share! Thanks guys!

P.S. The launchers are listed in alphabetical order by company, to avoid bias.

deadlyfire
02-16-12, 20:20
I've had limited operational experience with both the M203 and M320.
I've carried both as an attachment to the M4, never standalone. I feel that the M203 was more compact and slightly lighter than the 320.

Iraqgunz
02-17-12, 02:40
1. Most of these items aren't even for sale to civilians, regardless of legality.

2. Each round of live 40mm ammo is also a DD and requires a destructive device.

3. Does this thread share anything with actual reality?