PDA

View Full Version : RRA 2 stage vs DD single stage

rsm688
02-17-12, 17:48
Okay this question is for you trigger gurus. I currently have a DD single stage trigger in one of my rifles. My brother has an extra Rock River 2 stage trigger I can have. Question is how do the two compare? My DD trigger is crisp and smooth and I've read reviews for the RRA and all seem positive except it seems they wear over time quicker than some. It's been a whole since I shot an RRA 2 stage and cant decide if it's worth having him ship it toe and swapping them. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Spencer

jonconsiglio
02-17-12, 17:51
The DD will be much more reliable. The RRA is not known to be a very reliable trigger and is prone to breakage. A quick search and you'll likely find some first hand experiences.

Heidevolk
02-17-12, 18:00
DD is a far superior brand to RRA. Were you not aware of this?

DeltaSierra
02-17-12, 18:05
How does a Hyundai compare to a Toyota?

It doesn't, and a Rock River doesn't compare with a Daniel Defense.

The Rock River triggers are garbage.

rsm688
02-17-12, 18:05
That's what I was kinda thinking but wanted to here some others thoughts. Reliability trumps a slight improvement in trigger pull all day long for me so I'll just stick with the DD, thanks for the reply

rsm688
02-17-12, 18:07
DD is a far superior brand to RRA. Were you not aware of this?

I know that for sure but it was weighin the difference between a great single stage and a good(or moderate),2 stage trigger. Y'all have helped me make up my mind

I pretty much have all single stage or geisellle/timney triggers in my guns. I typically stick with single stage or high end triggers so I have little experience with middle grade ones
Thanks,
Spencer

JW1069
02-17-12, 18:11
I've reached the point where the only trigger upgrade I'll use has a little "G" on it.

http://geissele.com/

caden08
02-17-12, 18:15
Dd if your looking for stock. Smooth pull!

GeorgiaBoy
02-17-12, 18:26
DD all the way.

I do not like fancy triggers in combat guns.

TehLlama
02-17-12, 18:42
Run the DD until you have the funds to buy Geissele triggers for all your lowers - buy one, you'll probably buy more for the rest.

The stock DD unit is just fine, work with that.