PDA

View Full Version : Hello my ar brothers. If I may I need some info on a older ar m-15 I have purchased.

drharrie
02-18-12, 00:39
I bought a m-15 chambered in .223 made by Advanced Armaments Inc out of Lingleville Tex. It is stamped on top of the barrel (sak mp chrome bore) I was told by a local gun shop that it was made between 78-80 how he came up with that I have no clue. I cant find anything about it on the net. Its a very nice looking rifle for its age if it was indeed made then. Any info about it would help my greatly. I have found out that Ar's are like tattoos once you get one you find your self soon on your way to getting another one. I got this one about a month ago and ordered parts to piece a new Frankenstein rifle together. My goal is to completely build one from the ground up maybe even the solcom 458. I will try and get pics of the old and new rifle on here once I get the and figure how to put them on here. Thank for reading and your help.

Iraqgunz
02-18-12, 01:03
MY Google-Fu reveals that they were made sometime in the 1970's and that the receiver is more than likely cast, not forged.

The real value in it would be for someone who lives in a ban state and needed a pre-ban lower receiver. I personally wouldn't dump money into this, but ultimately it is your choice.

drharrie
02-18-12, 08:30
MY Google-Fu reveals that they were made sometime in the 1970's and that the receiver is more than likely cast, not forged.

The real value in it would be for someone who lives in a ban state and needed a pre-ban lower receiver. I personally wouldn't dump money into this, but ultimately it is your choice.

how can u tell if its cast and not forged? sorry if its a stupid question but im new and dont know the differents.

Iraqgunz
02-18-12, 08:39
Usually by the appearance. If you Google Advanced Armament, Lingleville, TX under images you will see some others and some scant info.

how can u tell if its cast and not forged? sorry if its a stupid question but im new and dont know the differents.

drharrie
02-19-12, 00:13
Usually by the appearance. If you Google Advanced Armament, Lingleville, TX under images you will see some others and some scant info.

thanks alot i finaly found something on my rifle thanks to you. it was driving me nut. i dont knw if it proves anything but i put a magnet to my reciever and it didnt stick. thank you for all your help.