PDA

View Full Version : Costa Larue OBR Hybrid.

duece71
02-18-12, 07:59
I saw an article on a concept rifle Larue is putting out with Chris Costas name on it. The article mentioned that the rifle is a PredatAR with an OBR barrel. Nothing that I can find on the Larue website yet. The article also said that it is still in the development stages. It looks very nice and is apparently going to be limited to 500 rifles.

DD236
02-18-12, 08:12
There's a couple of You Tube vids of Costa talking about the rifle (I believe a link is posted in the Larue Shot Show coverage. Check them if you haven't yet.

RGoose
02-18-12, 08:13
I saw a SHOT Show video of Costa and a Larue rep talking about it. I've never handled a complete Larue rifle, but they're rails are high quality. They will fly off the self like black market donuts at a fat camp, regardless.

bnanaphone
02-18-12, 09:53
I know there is some info floating around here about that rifle.

The Larue SHOT show 2012 thread has some nice pics (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97880)

Looks like a nice rifle with some good features.

Iraqgunz
02-18-12, 11:05
I saw it during the Magpul Course in Tucson and it was damn nice.

duece71
02-18-12, 12:31
Chris mentioned in the article (in the latest "book of the AR-15" mag) that while he and his students in class were shooting the same rifle, he saw a lot of rifles fail and felt that students would like to have a rifle that he would use himself. When I get the time, I will take a few of his classes, that is a guarantee.

infidelprodigy
02-18-12, 18:44
It's a FDE PredetOBR (PredatAR with OBR barrel) 14.5" with pinned SF MB556K. Also has ASAP, CTR, and IIRC MOE grip. Also includes the Larue textured rail covers for the length of 3 sides of the handguard if I remember the spec sheet.

Are you paying a little more for the name and logo? Sure, just like the DD Vickers model. But it is a pretty sweet setup. Personally I'm eyeing the 7.62mm PredatOBR either 14.5" or 16".

dwheelock
02-18-12, 19:39
I watched the vids and I'd like to get my hands on the 7.62 model

rsxr22
02-18-12, 21:28
It's definitely a good looking gun! Price is a little steep but I also understand it is a special edition rifle so that will play into it. I picked up a KAC "MD" SR15 and Im sure I probably paid about $400 for the "special".
If it is exactly what someone is looking for then it is most definitely a good deal. Between the SF brake, magpul furniture, and Cerakote. You would probably be darn close if you wanted to replicate that gun and didnt have the know how on refinishing.

duece71
02-19-12, 09:12
Is the price in the ballpark with the LV rifle??

thmpr
02-19-12, 09:58
When will the Costa Rifles be available?

JCIN
02-19-12, 10:34
At SHOT I asked one of the Larue reps in the booth what the price point on a 5.56 PreadatOBR would be and he told me $2000. My understanding is this is basically the same thing as the Costa rifle minus the coating, brake and spiffy gladiator logo.

I asked when I could actually buy one and I think it was 6 to 8 weeks after they actually start making them. I could be off here because I just remember hearing in my mind "We dont know when we will actually make these things and chances are when we do you wont be able to get one anyway." Sexy ass rifles though.

Edit to add: In one of the SHOT vids on YouTube Costa mentioned the price of the signature edition rifles to be "around $2800"

Singlestack Wonder
02-19-12, 10:58
Perhaps Chris should just buy a BCM and be GTG? :D

ColdDeadHands
02-19-12, 10:59
I wanted to buy a PredatOBR with this years tax refund but already bought the next rifle on my list which is a SCAR because the PredatOBR's aren't available. I think you won't see them hit the streets till closer to the end of the year....just in time for the next tax refund. :D

Biggy
02-19-12, 11:23
I just hope Larue chooses to sell the (PST) two position adjustable gas block by itself. It looks like it would probably fit under other rails and that it would not be to hard to modify both sides of your rail to have access to the selector switch.

Titleist
02-19-12, 11:34
I just hope Larue chooses to sell the (PST) two position adjustable gas block by itself. It looks like it would probably fit under other rails and that it would not be to hard to modify both sides of your rail to have access to the selector switch.

Doubtful, it comes part and parcel with the OBR barrels.

bones
02-22-12, 11:30
I Better start saving my pennies :)