PDA

View Full Version : Went to a gun show today

Warlock1
02-18-12, 13:54
They didn't really have much but it was a small show. There is a Crossroads of the West Show next week.
What I did find was a DDM4XVEZ for 1270.00. It looked like it was built really well and it felt solid. I almost pulled the card out but I never like to buy anything without doing research, plus I want to stay around 1K.
I've been reading the forums a lot and know that DD is a good manufacturer but I need to know about this model specifically. I was able to find this same gun for 999.99 from Aim supplies.
It will be my first M4 and I want to put some rounds down range to get a good feel for it before modifying.
So am I on the right track here?

Ratfink
02-18-12, 14:17
if you can get it somwhere else for 249 bucks cheaper and then just have to pay a background check then i would do that all daniel defense rifles are fantastic and for that price i wouldnt go with anything else

daniel defense all the way though i do not own that model but im sure you wont be disapointed i own a v1 and a v7lw and i love them a lot and i have paperwork on a mk18 sbr brewing right now

GeorgiaBoy
02-18-12, 14:32
While theres nothing wrong with the rifle, I would not get it. For one, its overpriced, and two, its a 16" barrel with a 7" carbine length rail. Carbine rails are pointlessly short and barely have any room to mount anything and be used as a handguard at the same time.

Bonez556
02-18-12, 14:44
You cant go wrong with a DD rifle. They are very high quality rifles! I own a v1 and v5 and they are outstanding rifles.

Watch this Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89HEefl1KI4&feature=g-like&context=G2a23668ALTz2EywAAAA

Warlock1
02-18-12, 14:49
HAHA I am sensing that is a bit too much for that caliber of quality. So what you are saying is I can find another complete rifle of the same quality for cheaper? What other rifle (same quality) would be a better buy at or around the 1k mark?

chamber143
02-18-12, 14:53
BCM is great and I got mine without optic for about 1000. To me the BCM'S are great rifles

nobody knows
02-18-12, 15:10
@warlock1 grant at gandr tactical sells colt 6920's for $900-1000(I don't recall exactly) and you can't get any better then colt. Also a base model BCM can be had for about a grand.

fdxpilot
02-18-12, 15:45
HAHA I am sensing that is a bit too much for that caliber of quality. So what you are saying is I can find another complete rifle of the same quality for cheaper? What other rifle (same quality) would be a better buy at or around the 1k mark?

I would have to disagree with GeorgiaBoys assessment. The DD rifle you are looking at is the DD equivalent of a Colt 6920. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, as Daniels make outstanding stuff. While the Colt 6920 at $945 is a good deal, if you don't want the Colt's carry handle style rear sights, the Daniels rear sight, as included on the DDM4XVEZ, would cost you about $67, so $999 is a good price. DD, Colt, and BCM all make top quality rifles, and a choice among them is just a matter of specific features and availability (disclaimer- I own either a rifle or upper from all three.) I'm just glad you're looking at good quality, and not some of the lessor brands.

GeorgiaBoy
02-18-12, 15:48

I would have to disagree with GeorgiaBoys assessment.

I'm not saying that DD in general is overpriced. Their quality is second to none. I use a lot of their products. I was saying that the gun show price is too much if you found it somewhere else for $999.

If you want a good quality starter rifle for under $1k look for Colt 6920's, DDXV's, or piece together a BCM.

Jake Bauer
02-18-12, 22:04
Yeah that price was way too high. I got my DDXV (Before they started coming out with the versions with rails on them) for $850. You should be able to find the XVEZ for just under 1K. If you do, get it. You wont be disappointed. The Colt 6920s are good to go too.

And depending on what you intend to put on it, the Carbine length rail may or may not be too short for your needs. Shoot, all I have is an MOE hand guard on mine and I have an Eotech, BUIS, VFG, hand guard mounted swivel stud and flashlight mount on mine and it's perfect for me.

Warlock1
02-18-12, 22:14
Jake do you have any pictures of your set up? I'm not real sold on the rail system. If I can get it cheaper with regular hand guards I would be cool with that as long as I can still add all the accessories.

Jake Bauer
02-18-12, 22:24
Jake do you have any pictures of your set up? I'm not real sold on the rail system. If I can get it cheaper with regular hand guards I would be cool with that as long as I can still add all the accessories.

Here you go bro,

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/jrush820/IMG_6797.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/jrush820/IMG_6361.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/jrush820/IMG_6798.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/jrush820/IMG_6800.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/jrush820/IMG_6801.jpg

Note: the light mount is different now. The one pictured is IWCs first model that used a half ring mount. They had issues with them not holding lights in place so they are now using a full ring which is what I have on it now.

Warlock1
02-18-12, 23:05
Very nice, basically what I am looking for. Would you explain your sighting system? What I mean is I think the flip up rear site is used with the front sight to get a normal site picture. I don't know what the Big "thing" in the middle is or does. I also noticed you used some names I am unfamiliar with such as the following; Eotech, BUIS, VFG.
I appreciate the help.
OK I looked up the Eotech. What version do you have and do you like it?

Jake Bauer
02-18-12, 23:54
Yep the eotech is a holographic red dot sight more or less. Mine is a basic model 512 (LOVE IT) that runs on 2 AA batteries. BUIS= Back Up Iron Sight ("flip up rear sight"), VFG = Vertical Fore Grip.

Welcome to the site by the way. Use the search button above if you have any other questions about specific stuff, or just PM me (so we don't hijack this thread) and I'll help you out as best I can.