PDA

View Full Version : New AR build help??

TaurusOSS
02-18-12, 14:52
My buddy just got his AR built and today at the rangeusing 55grn rounds it will fire 2 rounds with one pull of the trigger. Its got a Mega mono upper, Mega lower, Spikes enhanced trigger, Spikes nickle boron BCG and everything appears to move freely. What could be causing the issue with it firing 2 rounds in one trigger pull??

C4IGrant
02-18-12, 14:58
My buddy just got his AR built and today at the rangeusing 55grn rounds it will fire 2 rounds with one pull of the trigger. Its got a Mega mono upper, Mega lower, Spikes enhanced trigger, Spikes nickle boron BCG and everything appears to move freely. What could be causing the issue with it firing 2 rounds in one trigger pull??

Most likely, the LPK's is out of stock. Contact ST ASAP and remove the FCG from the weapon.

C4

Bonez556
02-18-12, 23:03
sounds like your firing pin might be getting stuck out

Iraqgunz
02-18-12, 23:23
Would you elaborate on this?

sounds like your firing pin might be getting stuck out

Iraqgunz
02-18-12, 23:25
Who makes the lower parts kit? I would first take a look at the disconnector spring and the disconnector. Make sure that the lower is assembled properly.

TaurusOSS
02-18-12, 23:30
Who makes the lower parts kit? I would first take a look at the disconnector spring and the disconnector. Make sure that the lower is assembled properly.

Its a Spikes enhanced LPK and we found either the disconnector or the trigger were not milled right. Even out of the lower the holes in the 2 do not line up right and when the pin is installed the disconnector spring it collapsed to where the disconnector have almost no movement. So either the hole in the disconnector was drilled wrong or the grove in the trigger wasnt machined right. We will find out when my LPK comes tuesday so we can compare.

Iraqgunz
02-19-12, 04:32
Sounds like you may have found the issue, either out of spec lower and or parts kit. Contact Spike's and have them fix it.

Its a Spikes enhanced LPK and we found either the disconnector or the trigger were not milled right. Even out of the lower the holes in the 2 do not line up right and when the pin is installed the disconnector spring it collapsed to where the disconnector have almost no movement. So either the hole in the disconnector was drilled wrong or the grove in the trigger wasnt machined right. We will find out when my LPK comes tuesday so we can compare.