PDA

View Full Version : New upper reciever on a M&P Sport?

twofocused
02-18-12, 18:31
To begin with I am an ar noob and I have searched but, I'm unable to find the answer.

I was looking at buying a carry handle and then a buddy gave me a carry handle upper reciever. The reason I ask is because my rifle doesn't have a dust cover or fa and the new one does.

Will it work? Is it worth it?

Thanks, J

chasetopher
02-18-12, 18:43
To begin with I am an ar noob and I have searched but, I'm unable to find the answer.

I was looking at buying a carry handle and then a buddy gave me a carry handle upper reciever. The reason I ask is because my rifle doesn't have a dust cover or fa and the new one does.

Will it work? Yes. Is it worth it? Your decision.

Thanks, J

Shoot the gun. Shoot it some more. Then decide what changes you would like to make and why they make sense for your intended purpose.

Wormydog1724
02-18-12, 18:44
Will it work? YES
Is it worth it? ???

I can't answer ''is it worth it'' because I really don't know what 'it' is that you are referring to. But 'it' will work.

twofocused
02-18-12, 18:58
I just wasn't sure if I would have to buy a new bolt since mine wasn't a fa rifle from the factory

Quiet-Matt
02-18-12, 19:03
The carrier has the FA serrations though, doesn't it?

twofocused
02-18-12, 19:15
The carrier has the FA serrations though, doesn't it?

It does

Quiet-Matt
02-18-12, 19:25
Swap away my friend. If you change your mind down the road, you haven't lost a thing.

twofocused
02-18-12, 20:18
Thanks for all the help guys.

Unicorn
02-19-12, 01:43
Actually this could be a maybe.

If the barrel has the M4 feed ramps, and the upper you have don't, it could cause problems when the round "jumps" into the chamber. It's possible to have the feed ramps machined into the upper to match though.

VLODPG
02-19-12, 05:43
Actually this could be a maybe.

If the barrel has the M4 feed ramps, and the upper you have don't, it could cause problems when the round "jumps" into the chamber. It's possible to have the feed ramps machined into the upper to match though.

I don't think should be a issue.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zp6rs1.jpg

djmorris
02-20-12, 08:20
It only takes 20 seconds to swap them and find out! What are you waiting for? :dance3: