PDA

View Full Version : When does round 2 of the obama gun buying frenzy start?

a1fabweld
02-18-12, 21:24
Just checking in with your guy's recent experiences regarding availability on guns/gun parts. The shelves still seem pretty well stocked. My friend is looking to put together a few AR's for himself & his wife before the panic starts & availability dries up. Predictions?

Artos
02-18-12, 21:26
probably on a wed in november...we have no candidate.

Kchen986
02-18-12, 21:58
Yea, I was just thinking about this. Probably not until he's elected? Hopefully the opposing candidate is solid and we can avoid another panic.

a1fabweld
02-18-12, 22:14
If this time is anything like last time, everything should start drying up soon. I hope it doesn't, but it may not be a bad idea to wrap up any loose ends just in case. I remember a while back G&R posted something about this.

Javelin
02-18-12, 22:15
I have actually started stocking up on ammo now. :(

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-18-12, 22:40
IMO, its already started. I realize that it is tax return season and all, but Im seeing a huge influx of brand new gun owners buying semi-auto rifles and pistols this year. Joe Six Pack is no longer buying a used J Frame to protect his house, he's now buying a 6920 and a crate of ammo.

Evil Colt 6920
02-19-12, 01:58
I see a LOT of parts out of stock already at my favorite dot com shops. I just ordered all the parts I needed to build a new upper for my wife and I had to buy from three different places to get exactly what I was looking for.

Moose-Knuckle
02-19-12, 02:35
It started back in early 2011. . .

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77752&highlight=warning

spr1
02-19-12, 06:34
Did it ever stop or did supply just catch up with demand? Maybe it just slowed a bit.
I know three very conservative people who decided in the last year, that for the first time, one or more firearms needed to be part of their planning.

J-Dub
02-19-12, 06:57
Did it ever stop?

blasternank
02-19-12, 09:21
I don't think it's slowed up much but I think if it looks like he has a chance of winning everything will be crazy because you can bet Obama will go after guns when reelection is not an option.

a1fabweld
02-19-12, 09:34
It started back in early 2011. . .

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77752&highlight=warning

That was the one I was referring to Moose. Thanks.

I think it died down over that last 2 or so years. Most stores have just about anything on the shelves in my area. Most of the online vendors seem to have a good selection in stock.

I remember last time around some said Obama wouldn't touch guns during his first term due to more important things to focus on. They predicted his second term would focus on the typical petty lib topics such as being green, guns, etc... Well, here's his possible second term. BTW, I'm not trying to feed the panic here. I have all I need. Just discussing.

Eurodriver
02-19-12, 09:55
I don't know about you guys, but with regards to gun control, I would rather have Obama in the whitehouse than Romney.

The dems know its political suicide and the Republicans will never side with a dem President on gun control.

...Now what happens when a RINO in office is pushing for "reasonable" gun laws? (Like a permanent ban on those evil assault weapons or a hughes amendment II on all NFA weapons?)

ralph
02-19-12, 10:41
I don't think it's slowed up much but I think if it looks like he has a chance of winning everything will be crazy because you can bet Obama will go after guns when reelection is not an option.

Obama is not out of the woods yet..The ecomomy still isn't that great, unemployment is still over 8%, Iran is a growing problem that has yet to be resolved, And now, the price of gas has started to rise again, if gas gets to $5 a gallon..The economy will start to falter,and start sliding back into another recession, Not to mention his new "budget" which adds something like $4 trillion to the defcit..

Jack-O
02-19-12, 10:51
Never underestimate the power of hope when it comes to elections. Once Romney steals the R nomination in a brokered convention people will still have "hope" that he could win.

thus the frenzy by the morons wont begin until after obama wins his second term. I predict selling will markedly increase after the repub convention tho. Summers are typically slow times for the arms industry, where fall/winter is better.

the lengths people will go to to avoid a Ron Paul presidency (he's the only one who can actually could beat obama this time believe it or not) is just ASTOUNDING. "Conservatives" just keep torpedoing themselves by being conservative (note lower case "c") with whom they "nominate" (and I use that term really loosely). Reliable reports of voter fraud on the "R" side in favor of romney, surface at every new primary/caucus. Republicans are handing it to obama.

Romney is McCain.

Eurodriver
02-19-12, 11:23
Never underestimate the power of hope when it comes to elections. Once Romney steals the R nomination in a brokered convention people will still have "hope" that he could win.

thus the frenzy by the morons wont begin until after obama wins his second term. I predict selling will markedly increase after the repub convention tho. Summers are typically slow times for the arms industry, where fall/winter is better.

the lengths people will go to to avoid a Ron Paul presidency (he's the only one who can actually could beat obama this time believe it or not) is just ASTOUNDING. "Conservatives" just keep torpedoing themselves by being conservative (note lower case "c") with whom they "nominate" (and I use that term really loosely). Reliable reports of voter fraud on the "R" side in favor of romney, surface at every new primary/caucus. Republicans are handing it to obama.

Romney is McCain.

Oh God, you said Ron Paul.

Now this thread's going to be full of people saying any RP supporters are pot heads that live in their mom's basement.

Republican Party = Status Quo

DeltaSierra
02-19-12, 12:41
I don't know about you guys, but with regards to gun control, I would rather have Obama in the whitehouse than Romney.

The dems know its political suicide and the Republicans will never side with a dem President on gun control.

...Now what happens when a RINO in office is pushing for "reasonable" gun laws? (Like a permanent ban on those evil assault weapons or a hughes amendment II on all NFA weapons?)

I don't know what people see in Romney. Living right next door to the state that he ruined, I have a pretty good idea what he would do as president, and honestly, Obama doesn't seem that bad in comparison.....

jmoore
02-19-12, 12:53
Was at a gunshow in Bloomington, IL yesterday. When you look up the phrase "ass-to-elbow" in the dictionary - well, there should be a picture of that show! I haven't seen a turnout like that for years!!!!!!!! And most dealers had someone at their tables signing paperwork:)

john

The_War_Wagon
02-19-12, 13:01
According to my Vietnam vet buddy, who just got HIS first AR, the frenzy has ALREADY begun. No ammo in Pittsburgh, apparently (not counting the 12k I already own :cool: )! :eek:

Evil Colt 6920
02-19-12, 13:06
Was at a gunshow in Bloomington, IL yesterday. When you look up the phrase "ass-to-elbow" in the dictionary - well, there should be a picture of that show! I haven't seen a turnout like that for years!!!!!!!! And most dealers had someone at their tables signing paperwork:)

john

Yep, same happened here this weekend. Ive never seen a gun show this crowded. Took twice as long to look around because of the massive crowd.

TehLlama
02-19-12, 16:26
Always starts at tax return season - stocks simply won't recover from that, and scarcity will start artificially driving up the price from there for those with limited foresight.

Oh well, this is the best chance I'll probably face for offloading rifles I don't really like as much anymore.

ucrt
02-19-12, 17:00

I think the panic could start anyday now, especially with the lying media pumping kaakaa into everyone's head. Like last weeks headlines "The economy is doing great, so the Republicans candiates are back to square one". That was after Obama's Labor Dept's trumped up a low unemployment rate.

I think the media will be reporting BO is ahead in the polls even though he might be 20 points behind, just to swing the voters that like to vote for the "winner".

Pitiful...

But maybe it's just me..

CarlosDJackal
02-19-12, 17:19
Just checking in with your guy's recent experiences regarding availability on guns/gun parts. The shelves still seem pretty well stocked. My friend is looking to put together a few AR's for himself & his wife before the panic starts & availability dries up. Predictions?

It started last December and will probably get worse as we near the Novemeber elections.

a1fabweld
02-19-12, 18:08

I think the panic could start anyday now, especially with the lying media pumping kaakaa into everyone's head. Like last weeks headlines "The economy is doing great, so the Republicans candiates are back to square one". That was after Obama's Labor Dept's trumped up a low unemployment rate.

I think the media will be reporting BO is ahead in the polls even though he might be 20 points behind, just to swing the voters that like to vote for the "winner".

Pitiful...

But maybe it's just me..

Speaking of the "lying media", I saw a headline on Yahoo news the other day that read something like "Obama predicted to win upcoming election". I can't say I disagree with that, because there are tons of dipshits that currently wear "obama 2012" bumper stickers, but it's too early for any media to make such a prediction. Perfect example of the liberal douchebag media pumping bullshit into the weak minded to manipulate them. This in itself probably swayed some of the couch potatoes to turn off the football game, get off their fat asses, & run out to buy guns.

Armati
02-20-12, 07:53
The buying frenzy started last year. Stocks of everything are low.

The Gops should be making a full court press to pass National CCW but they are stupid, and in truth, really don't like guns that much.

Right now the Gops have been painted into corner talking about birf control. God, they are stupid!

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Plan for 4 more years of President Food Stamp. The best you can hope for now is maintaining a strong Tea Party presence in the Congress.

Oh, and Ron Paul is crazy and unelectable.

Doc Safari
02-20-12, 09:12
Is there a buying frenzy on now? I'd say so.

What's the current quoted lead time for a BCM rifle? Anybody know? Are they still not taking new orders?

I ask that rhetorically, but it shows that people are out buying gun-related stuff now while they can. When I bought mine there was no supply problem whatsoever.

For a while I was getting e-mail alerts from Aim Surplus on ammo availability, and more often than not they would be sold out before I got my order in.

Buy now, Gentlemen. Gas prices will probably derail some of the panic, but then again, they could fuel more panic as well. Wait until late summer/early fall when you may be SOL for having waited.

Beat Trash
02-20-12, 17:14
I've been telling a lot of newly interested prospective gun buyers that the time to buy is now.

If you have the funds, why wait?

skyugo
02-20-12, 18:04
public support for gun control is at an all time low. I can also pretty much guarantee you obama is getting a second term. That said congress is mostly on our side.

still, i'm sure there will be panic buying. I'm hopefully going to pick up at least 5000 primers before things go full retard. I'm pretty set on evil guns and big magazines for now. :o

Kchen986
02-20-12, 19:38
Just entered a contract to buy a high capacity semi-automatic, folding stock rifle. What is everyone else buying in anticipation of the panic?