PDA

View Full Version : Adding a RVG to a Colt LE6920?

Radrad
02-18-12, 22:31
Can I add a RVG to a Colt LE6920 with a MOE handguard? The MOE has a double heat shield and it says do not remove the shield. I don't want to drill any holes in it either. Thanks!

RedRaptor
02-18-12, 23:39
When I purchased my RVG, it came with a tiny piece of bolt-on rail (looked like part of the RVG at first glance) that attached directly to the bottom of the MOE handguard through the cooling slots - no heat shield removal necessary. The RVG then attached as it would on any rail system.

However, if you want to save a couple of bucks and avoid the whole headache, you can just buy a MVG, which is the exact same thing but designed to attach directly to the slots on the bottom of MOE handguards.

Jake Bauer
02-19-12, 01:18
Get the Magpul MVG

Radrad
02-19-12, 08:17
Can I install it without having to take off the handguard? With the heat shield I have no access from the inside. Thanks

duece71
02-19-12, 09:09
I got the MVG installed with no problem on the carbine length Magpul stocks. You shouldn't have any difficulties.

bsmith_shoot
02-19-12, 09:18
You dont take off the heat shield. Its not even a consideration. Just take off the lower half, put your bolts through the rail section, put the bolts through the bottom handguard, locktite if you got it, put on backing nut, tighten down snug. Thats it. Dont remove anything.

RedRallyeZ
02-19-12, 09:42
When i installed my MVG on MOE hand guards, no removal of the heat shields were necessary, i would assume RVG and that section of rail would be the same way.

Radrad
02-19-12, 22:57
Dumb question but do the grips really help shooting ?

rob_s
02-20-12, 04:43
Dumb question but do the grips really help shooting ?

I was actually going to ask why you thought you needed one.

Your question is kind of a loaded one. Taken literally at face value the answer is "no". A VFG or hand-stop does not help "shooting" at the most basic level. But if you start moving, working around barricades, shooting from unconventional positions, transitioning from target to target on the move.... they can be helpful. Even so, not everyone likes or uses them, and not everyone uses them on every single guns. The guns I have with MOE handguards I don't bother with stops or VFGs and just hook my support hand pointer finger over the lip at the front.

Casull
02-20-12, 04:54
When hunting / with a lot of gear a VFG helps a lot with getting the muzzle where it needs to be while allowing you to not strain your wrist. This ideal was applied to the AFG grip allowing you to take some pressure off your wrist while encouraging a better method of driving the weapon as well as pulling it back into your shoulder for better recoil management which is part of why it's nice to have a VFG. To me the VFG gives you options. I find I like to have one, but it ends up acting as more of a hand stop as I like to grip the gun the way one would with a VFG. (thumb over the top)

I think it's a great option. You can always pitch it if you don't like it.

My two cents.