PDA

View Full Version : Shot my new Stag AR yesterday. . . . .AWESOME!

NYH1
02-19-12, 02:15
New to the forum!

I field stripped it to clean and oil it before we went. I have the plus package on my upper half. It includes a 4150 barrel steel, chrome lined barrel with a 1/7 twist rate, M4 feed ramps, individually MP & HP tested and marked bolt and barrel, M16 bolt carrier. When I took the bolt out of the bolt carrier it was lightly marked CMT and very visibly marked MP & HP and the barrel has a MP & HP 1/7 on it as advertised. Cleaned everything up, oiled it and put it back together. I had 10 rd. DPMS magazine that my FFL gave me. My friend who went shooting with my son and I gave me two USGI 30 rd. pre ban magazines (black followers) and is giving me four more, a few of which have the manufactured dates externally stamped on them. He has about 30 of them.

We get to the range, my son (10) gets his Ruger 10-22 w/2-7x28mm Leupold Rim Fire Scope and his new Marlin 336Y 30-30 Win. out and on the bench. My friend gets his new to him from his uncle, made in 1972 and NEVER fired Winchester 94 30-30 Win. out. I get my Remington 11-87 12 ga. 18.5" barrel, plus 2 rd. mag. extension (6+1 capacity), 6 rd. side saddle (not sure if that's staying on or not) and my new Stag, basically their model 1, 16" barrel with a A2 buttstock out. I bought the complete A2 lower half. When I picked it up my FFL gave me a GREAT price on the complete upper half with the plus package so I had to buy it. As we get everything out it starts snowing and blowing so hard we could hardly see the targets we just put up at 50 yards. Those really big wet lake effect snow flakes. The bench area has a roof over it. It was still blowing in on us. :eek:

Lucky for us it only snowed for about 15 minutes. My son and I fired 140 rounds through my new AR. I had to adjust the sights a little. I adjusted the windage with the rear sight on the removable carry handle and the elevation with the front sight post. I have it zeroed at 50 yards. We were shooting mostly Remington UMC 55 gr. FMJ and Federal M or XM193 55 gr. (brown cardboard box) ammo and a few Remington 55 gr. SP ammo. I couldn't find any 62 gr. FMJ ammo locally. I was very pleased with all three of the 55 gr. ammo we shot. I shot some groups as small as a half dollar. Not a single malfunction at all, we used all three magazines with all three rounds. Got home, ate, then cleaned it. I still have to order a chamber brush and maybe a chamber swab too.

Sorry for the long winded. . . . .or typed post lol. I'm definitely happy with my new AR that's for sure. It's great to finally have another one again after four years without one. I shouldn't have sold my last one. I'm going to have to get and try a bunch of different weights and types of ammo. I have one 30 rd. mag. loaded with 15 rds. of 55 gr. FMJ on the bottom and topped off with 15 rds. of 55 gr. SP ammo. If I can't get 'em with the first 15 soft points, maybe the last 15 full mental jackets will do it! :D

NYH1! ;)

HaydenB
02-19-12, 03:16
Congratulations on the carbine, and welcome to the forum!

Stag would not be my choice but its good to see a company make an effort to better itself.

My advice to you would be to read A LOT, use the search function at the top of the site BEFORE starting threads to ask Q's because chances are the topic has already been covered, and last but not least SOOT THE PISS OUT OF YOUR NEW CARBINE!!! :D

Iraqgunz
02-19-12, 07:02
Please confine these posts to Facebook or Twitter. thanks