PDA

View Full Version : New KAC QDC Suppressor

hotrodder636
02-19-12, 08:17
Anyone around here have any experience with or even seen the new KAC QDC 5.56 can? I know it is significantly lighter and supposedly has the same noise reduction....just wanted to know if anyone had any details as I was waiting for purchasing a 5.56 can until this new one came out which I heard about last year.....

MikeCLeonard
02-19-12, 15:16
I've also been curious about this. Nobody seems to be talking about them...and I'm wondering if their new MAMS brake will work with whatever they release to civilians, since the brake is only listed in their Mil/LE brochure...and not included in the commercial brochure.

Also, the new 5.56 suppressor is listed at 30db reduction in their Mil/LE brochure, but is listed as 28db reduction for the commercial side.

WTF mate?

hotrodder636
02-19-12, 15:29
Yeah, I saw the difference in the sound reduction between models also....was hoping to hear something from a Knight's guy as I know they roam around on here...

WEC
02-19-12, 20:08
I was lucky enough to meet some of the guys at Silencer Shoot earlier this year and had a chance to shoot the new 5.56 can, through one of their SR-16 lowers, to boot!

They are definitely lighter. I wager somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8 oz than the current NT4. The machining of the dimples is much more defined. I'm sure the flash hider portion of the can would work very well but I shot it during the bright daytime and was late to the night shoot so I didn't see how it performed in low light conditions.

The new QD mechanism is slick and easy to manipulate, probably even with gloves. Shouldn't be too hard to caveman that thing off if needed.

Once they're available, I will definitely be buying one.

WEC
02-19-12, 20:09
Forgot to add that they are definitely as quiet if not slightly quieter than the NT4. Was not able to do a side-by-side comparison.

Magic_Salad0892
02-20-12, 18:18
I will be buying two of the 5.56mm ones.

Hopefully.