PDA

View Full Version : fsb pinning in the SC area?

lethal dose
02-19-12, 19:11
anyone know anyone in the SC area that has a jig and can pin an fsb?

HCPrepper
02-19-12, 20:21
Not sure if he can do it, but there is a guy I know of that's been working on the AR series for over 20 years in Sandy Run SC called Ballistic Gun Works Machine shop.

Here's his email address: Randy@ballisticgunworks.com

Give him an email, hopefully he can do something for you.

Good Luck
HCPrepper

PalmettoPrecision
02-19-12, 21:31
Palmetto State armory in Columbia. Love having them so close... they can do pretty much anything.

RD62
02-19-12, 21:38
Innovative Arms in Elgin I would think could do it.

I didn't know PSA did any smithing work.

Suwannee Tim
02-20-12, 05:13
Why do you want to have it done locally? I would rather ship a barrel UPS than drive 40 or 50 or 60 miles one way to have it done.

tresmonos
02-20-12, 07:56
When I lived in the upstate, I would have this guy parkerize my AK receivers.
Ammo Plus
107 Pleasantburg Rd
Anderson, SC 29625
Phone:
(864) 224-6739

I think the home # is (864) 224-7333

I think his name was Henry.

It's a long shot. His shop looked to have enough tooling / junk that I'm sure he can help you out. When I dealt with him (2009 through 2011), he had his tongue removed for medical reasons. So his speech is horrid. Don't be afraid to ask him, 'pardon can you repeat yourself,' and eventually he'll communicate through his wife.

Good guy, reasonable prices and he did one off batches for my receivers. Which for parkerization, I wouldn't have blamed him to wait for more orders for batch production and save himself some time and money.

If this doesn't work out, PM me and I'll reach out to my friends in the Seneca/Walhalla area to see if they know of anyone else. Damn I miss living in that part of the country.

PalmettoPrecision
02-20-12, 13:54
Innovative Arms in Elgin I would think could do it.

I didn't know PSA did any smithing work.

You may be right, all I've ever heard of them doing is installation and stuff of the sort, however they opened up a new store off Piney Grove where supposedly they will have a manufacturing and assembly building where they might be able to do some smithing for you.

I talked to Phil at innovative recently about some cans and thought I remembered him saying they were moving away from smithing work. Don't hold me by that though, I'd give him a call.

Scoby
02-20-12, 14:04
Kyle

I know we discussed this earlier but, it may be more economical for you to ship it to ADCO than driving 50-60 miles to drop it off somewhere. Then make the trip again to pick it up.

Just a thought.