PDA

View Full Version : Magpul RVG vs. Magpul MVG

Nole93Nole99
02-20-12, 11:26
Kinda torn on which one I should get. I have the Carbine Magpul handguard but not sure which one of these I should get to put on it. Anybody got some insight they can share with me? Im almost tempted to just hold out and get one of the Tangodown vertical grips, there a little more expensive but you get what you pay for in this industry.

Wake27
02-20-12, 11:28
Its my understanding that the MVG mounts directly to the MOE handguard wile the RVG mounts to a rail. So it all dpeneds on whether or not you have or want a rail wherever you plan on putting your grip. Unless I'm wrong...

BENNYRED
03-12-12, 18:47
i have a M&P 15-22 that came stock with magpul equipment. i wanted to put a magpul vertical grip on it. the MVG mounts directly to a magpul for-end the rvg is desined for rail systems but comes with an adapter. i thiunk the rvg might be a little shorter to. hope this helps

Toyoland66
03-12-12, 20:30
If you have MOE hand guards then the MVG is the way to go. Using a railed vertical grip (RVG, Tango Down, or similar) requires a section of rail to be bolted to the hand guards. This equals more fasteners that can come loose and more complexity. Keep it simple and run the MVG.