PDA

View Full Version : Benelli w/ an EoTech 512...Thoughts?

trackstar55
02-20-12, 13:14
I have a Benelli M4 and just recently acquired an EoTech 512. Has anyone used an EoTech on their shotguns. The only optic experience I have had is an Aimpoint on my AR-15 and I liked it.

Will the EoTech 512 stand the punishment of a 12g Shotgun?

liquidsniper
02-20-12, 15:01
I am sure the eotech will handle the punishment on a 12ga. However, I think you should be more concerned with the height of the sight. The eotech already sits up pretty high compared to an aimpoint on a lo pro mount. Your cheek weld when sighting in would be horrendous not to mention the slap associated with such a high cheek weld. Matter of fact, I doubt your cheek would be able to touch the stock with the sight height of an eotech. I would reccommend either an aimpoint mounted in a lo pro mount or a mini-rds such as a doc optic or a trijicon rmr. I use an aimpoint m2 mounted in a adm-68L mount. Take a look through the shotgun pic thread and you will notice how low to the rail everyone mounts a RDS on the m4 and most shotguns for that matter.

trackstar55
02-20-12, 15:17
thanks for the advice, I will check out the pics. I am going to test fire the set up and report back. It does sit high, and I that is a concern that I share with you.

kmrtnsn
02-20-12, 15:20
As an owner of a Benelli M4 and a guy with an issued Eotech 552 on his duty rifle, I'd call the two a poor match. I'd recommend a Micro Aimpoint or an RMR as an optic, paried with a Mesa Tactical stock with the adjustable cheek-riser, for the proper eye relief.

one
02-20-12, 17:42
Several years ago I ran a 552 on my 870P. I didn't like the combination at all and it didn't last long. It's very tall off the bore line.

Roll with a set of rifled sights, ghost rings, or a compact RDS like a T1 or an RMR and you'll be much more satisfied.

Wake27
02-20-12, 20:06
I've been thinking the same about my 512 and 870. I'd like to get a T-1 or something for it, but that's more money than the shotgun haha.

sgtjosh
02-21-12, 19:25
My agency mounts T-1's on some shotguns. It seems to work very well. Eotech would seem to occupy a lot of real estate.

LEXUSF
04-15-12, 21:52
As an owner of a Benelli M4 and a guy with an issued Eotech 552 on his duty rifle, I'd call the two a poor match. I'd recommend a Micro Aimpoint or an RMR as an optic, paried with a Mesa Tactical stock with the adjustable cheek-riser, for the proper eye relief.

nice choice! i agree!

charmcitycop
04-20-12, 18:48

mikegli
04-21-12, 16:55
I've borrowed an EO for my M4 and shot it for a little bit. I also felt it was a bit tall, and didnt really care for it. Then again, I like the ghost rings.

cagusmc
04-22-12, 16:19
I had an EOtech on my Remington 870 tactical for a short time. The check weld was non-existent. I have since replaced it with an Aim Point M2 mounted in a low 30mm ring.