PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the 2012 Presidential Elections?

crusader377
02-21-12, 10:07
I'm posting this poll on who do you think is most likely to win the 2012 Presidential Elections. I have listed 5 Choices: They are Obama, Romney, Santorum, Paul, and Gingrich.

Please focus any discussion on the reality of winning the race. If you want to debate the respective merits of your favorite candidate please go to this thread.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81192

CarlosDJackal
02-21-12, 13:40
You need a sixth choice: Anybody but obama!!

crusader377
02-21-12, 14:08
I did consider a third party option but I wanted to keep this poll based on reality. Also, Although I think Obama has been a very poor president and his policies have been very damaging to this nation, I have increasingly felt that we will be stuck with him for another term and wanted to see what others think.

Sry0fcr
02-21-12, 14:08
Obama. Probably by a similar margin that McCain lost. The GOP race is is a circus this year and the economy seems to be picking up a little bit so now Obama can take credit for being in office when it inevitably happened just like Bush gets blamed for being in office when the bubble inevitably burst. Let's try again in 2016 with some serious candidates that can communicate a clear message.

Christie/Ryan 2016

Doc Safari
02-21-12, 14:11
Amazing that the responses are overwhelmingly for Obama.

Everybody knows the Repubs haven't got the brains or the huevos to run a true opposition candidate.

Rattlehead
02-21-12, 14:12
Obama will win unless the Republicans pull their heads out of their asses.

crusader377
02-21-12, 14:41
Amazing that the responses are overwhelmingly for Obama.

Everybody knows the Repubs haven't got the brains or the huevos to run a true opposition candidate.

It is even more amazing in the fact that easily 70-80% of this forum judging by the posts in the presidental race thread are conservatives. Actually, I don't think I ever saw a pro-Obama discussion in this forum.

Obama has a record of unmatched failure and yet the Republicans are too inept to field a conservative candidate to beat him.

ForTehNguyen
02-21-12, 17:04
Ron Paul can defeat him but the GOP establishment is too busy trying to shove Romney or Newt down our throats

duece71
02-21-12, 22:46
If BO wins, this country will be ****ed in way only Jerry Sandusky will be able to relate to . I read somewhere that said "NO more mister nice guy". Thats probably putting it lightly. We who don't want this to happen can only hope that gas moves upwards above $5 a gallon. Or China decides to call the "marker" that is the US debt that they own.

Belmont31R
02-22-12, 01:13
My prediction at this point is BO wins another term. Historically incumbent presidents have easier 2nd elections than 1st ones and the GOP doesn't have any strong runners.

Romney turns off fiscal conservatives and libertarians.

Santorum is a crazy religious nut who's social values don't chime in with the vast majority of americans on either side.

Gingrich is riddled with ethical violations and keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

RP is older and doesn't have the best method of conveying a point. Strong but limited following, and the GOP is still stuck in quasi liberal mode.

Obama can put himself on par with the GOP candidates, and given the money is he racking up will have no problem keeping up money wise with this crop of GOP candidates. Add in some number manipulation, lies, his speaking ability, and weak GOP turn out (primaries have had less turnout than 2008) and it adds up to an Obama win.

Heaven help us....but remember this in 2016 when we have another crop of either RINO turds or religious extremists to pick from on the GOP side. The GOP is made up of either RINO's or "conservatives" who may be slightly fiscally conservative yet want to push their religious doctrine on everyone and push social coservatism on the masses. Under this GOP situation I don't see good things in the future, and people would rather **** in peace than live under quasi religious rule by the likes of santorum. This whole notion of appeasing the religious right in this nation will be doing the undoing of the GOP and to a degree RINO's. If the GOP could manage to drop of the social conservative/religious mantra for a few years they would get a lot more support. Same reason why the Tea Party has gone to obscurity after it was taken over by religious fanatics. Taxed Enough Already became a hotbed for the Bachmann's of the GOP to preach their religious values and opinions on social issues rather than sticking to fiscal issues. I guess all those idiots forgot the first Tea Party rallies were equally protesting the Bush TARP and bail outs.

Sensei
02-22-12, 01:16
Either Romney or Santorum will be POTUS in 1 year. My gut tells me that Romney will likely be the GOP nominee, but I'd personally prefer that Santorum get the nod.

I'm not as pessimistic about the general election since Obama is about to have a very bad Summer. There is no way to head-off at least $4/gallon gas and $5/gallon is probably more likely by August. This is more than enough to push us into a recession felt by everyone by September or October. Ironically, Obama will be undone in much the same way that the GOP got clobbered in September 2008 - by a kickass recession.

crusader377
02-22-12, 08:29
Ron Paul can defeat him but the GOP establishment is too busy trying to shove Romney or Newt down our throats

I think this is quite true. Unfortunately the mainstream GOP always tries to minimize Ron Paul and his views but I think Ron Paul's values embracing freedom and liberty, along with limited government and a more thoughtful foreign policy is the only way that the Republicans in the long term can keep viable. Like it or not, America is an increasingly diverse nation and currently the mainstream GOP has really become a party of middle age and old white guys. The GOP needs to drop its evangelical conservative views and its love affair with the rich at the expense of other Americans. In contrast, If you look at any poll, Ron Paul message does reasonate among Americans of many different ethnic, religious, and income groups.

The Democrats are masters at politics of division and are increasingly stronger long term due to change in demographics and the economy.:(

Irish
02-22-12, 11:50
FYI - Last GOP debate before "Super Tuesday" is on tonight. http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/21/politics/debates-recap/index.html

Redmanfms
02-22-12, 13:04
Obama will win. It's really hard to counter the love affair the mainstream media has with this guy. Since many of the unwashed get their news from the 6-o'clock TV I don't see a win. This is especially true since the GOP seems hell-bent on denying the voters an ACTUAL conservative.

The_War_Wagon
02-22-12, 13:29
Given all their positive, around-the-clock coverage, they'll be hard to beat, but I think the Media will win, followed closely by Obama, and everyone else a distant third. :(

I'm voting "Santorum" at this point, but I'm also buying more ammo, to hedge my bets... :o

duece71
02-22-12, 19:37
Given all their positive, around-the-clock coverage, they'll be hard to beat, but I think the Media will win, followed closely by Obama, and everyone else a distant third. :(

I'm voting "Santorum" at this point, but I'm also buying more ammo, to hedge my bets... :o

I agree, been doing that for a while now.

Armati
02-22-12, 21:36
Obama.

At the moment, the Gops have been forced to debate birf control. WTF? Of all of the things the Gops could hammer Obama on, they are worried about contraceptives? Really? They are so easily played by the media. They cannot control message, they have horrible debates, they cannot frame the issues. Really, as a party, they suck.

The best we can hope for is a strong Tea Party presence in the Congress. But, of course, the Gop Establishment has no real use for them either.

Nightvisionary
02-22-12, 22:03
Obama will win unless the Republicans pull their heads out of their asses.

When have they EVER done that?:(

Redmanfms
02-22-12, 22:26
When have they EVER done that?:(

Reagan was a strong candidate. Between Eisenhower's Admin. and the 1980 election, 4 of the 5 candidates the GOP offered up were big government progs (true, 3 of those 4 were the same dude, Nixon and he won 2 elections). You'd have thought after the 2010 election the GOP would have had a paradigm shift in what they considered "electable" (namely not more of the same big government progs), much like what happened after '76, but apparently they won't get that message until the 2016 election. If they ever get it....

Armati
02-23-12, 06:08
Keep in mind the Gop Establishment hated Regan.

montanadave
02-23-12, 08:09
Keep in mind the Gop Establishment hated Regan.

And if Reagan, based on his actual record rather than the mantle of sainthood the GOP has bestowed him, were trying to compete in this current GOP field they would crucify him.