PDA

View Full Version : WalMart is carrying Colt M4's (6920's)

BSWilson
02-21-12, 13:07
As seen on TOS. $1074 OTD...

I feel like this means something in a broader cultural sense, to have a rifle such as this next to cans of 855.

Wonder if we'll start seeing Aimpoints, Eotechs, & Pmags on the wall next...

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w486/highplainsgunner/doogithumbsup.gif

Moltke
02-21-12, 13:13
Support your favorite local shop (or preferred online tactical dealer) before you support Walmart.

Todd00000
02-21-12, 13:17
Not in this state. :(

skyugo
02-21-12, 13:18
"in common use"

Smash
02-21-12, 13:20
Support your favorite local shop (or preferred online tactical dealer) before you support Walmart.

+1 on this....

However, for those who have no idea the good online tactical distributors exist, I hope this will push them to buy a Colt instead of lesser brands pushed on them by know-nothing bogus gun shops.

chadbag
02-21-12, 13:27
I will check the local Wal-Marts here. They have had Bushmaster and Sig M400 M4 type rifles at the Wal-Marts here.

-

dwheelock
02-21-12, 13:32
I was at the local wal-mart here, and they don't have any guns for sale.

Lee D
02-21-12, 13:34
Sigs and Bushmasters here... no Colts yet

ColtJ
02-21-12, 13:46
I've only seen the Remington R-15's in my area.

While I don't care much for Walmart, it is a good option for the impatient if they can jus go pick one up.

camoman
02-21-12, 13:59
I would personally be very weary of this. Too many times when large companies gain contracts to sell quality merchandise, short cuts are taken to keep costs down. Just for example, look at the relationship between Best Buy and Rockford Fosgate, that eventually destroyed Fosgate. To Walmart...Colt is nothing but a Name brand that they know they can sell....and believe me when I say that they will make as much as they can off it.

Hitech50
02-21-12, 14:07
I would personally be very weary of this. Too many times when large companies gain contracts to sell quality merchandise, short cuts are taken to keep costs down. Just for example, look at the relationship between Best Buy and Rockford Fosgate, that eventually destroyed Fosgate. To Walmart...Colt is nothing but a Name brand that they know they can sell....and believe me when I say that they will make as much as they can off it.

Agree 100%! Walmart has a history of dictating what the brands can charge for their product and using their buying power to get their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinlessorrow
02-21-12, 14:08
Saw that my local wally world had them as well, I was impressed

Doc Safari
02-21-12, 14:09
WalMart is carrying Colt M4's (6920's)

Great. That just means they're now made in China.

:lol:

(A cheap shot, but I couldn't resist). :D

streck
02-21-12, 14:26
Agree 100%! Walmart has a history of dictating what the brands can charge for their product and using their buying power to get their way.

And the company can choose to not sell to Wal-Mart.

camoman
02-21-12, 14:30

Sad...but most likely true. I wonder if this will be the downward plunge for Colt.

BSWilson
02-21-12, 14:31

Support people getting an M4 and a load of ammo while getting bread, socks, & diapers.

Texas42
02-21-12, 14:40
cool!

streck
02-21-12, 14:42
Support people getting an M4 and a load of ammo while getting bread, socks, & diapers.

Absolutely.

Colt 6920? Check.
200rds of .223? Check.
Diapers? Check.
Formula? Check.
All Purpose Four? Check.
Castrol oil and filter for the car? Check
New T-shirts? Check.
12 pack of beer? Check.

Let's ride.:dance3:

Moltke
02-21-12, 14:42
Sad...but most likely true. I wonder if this will be the downward plunge for Colt.

Dude, come on.

camoman
02-21-12, 14:47
Dude, come on.

And like....that's never happened before? Dude, come on. Go buy your Chinese made Colt.:rolleyes:

Texas42
02-21-12, 14:47

NoveskeFan
02-21-12, 14:48
And like....that's never happened before? Dude, come on. Go buy your Chinese made Colt.:rolleyes:

Are these Colts made in China? The price point in the OP is inline with a 6920.

SomeOtherGuy
02-21-12, 14:55

Exactly my thoughts. While I doubt Colt would compromise quality, I never, ever go to Walmart when high quality is a priority, and I constantly read reports of products where the Walmart version looks identical to that sold elsewhere but in fact is not.

I'm slightly skeptical that a Colt 6920 is or will be a regular stock item at Walmart, but if it is I'd be really curious if they have the exact same item number you would find elsewhere, and whether the serial number might follow a different pattern than those of other-market 6920's.

Moltke
02-21-12, 14:55
Good job. Good job.

camoman
02-21-12, 15:01
Of coarse...I'm not sure. I do know that they wouldn't be at Walmart, if their was nothing in it big for Walmart, or if Walmart didn't dictate the price that they would be contracted to Walmart for. We are talking about one of the largest companies in the world, that has been known to dictate prices, and cut quality, for their own gains. I really don't see how, that could not be taken seriously. I know I would feel a-lot safer buying a DD, or a BCM...that I know for a fact is made in the USA.

Trajan
02-21-12, 15:10
I'm worried how this will turn out in the more "ghetto" walmarts.

I've only been in Walmart a handful of times, and from what I have seen, I wouldn't want anyone there even looking at a gun, much less a 6920. I hope the Walmarts around here aren't like the ones around you guy's.

Exactly my thoughts. While I doubt Colt would compromise quality, I never, ever go to Walmart when high quality is a priority, and I constantly read reports of products where the Walmart version looks identical to that sold elsewhere but in fact is not.

I'm slightly skeptical that a Colt 6920 is or will be a regular stock item at Walmart, but if it is I'd be really curious if they have the exact same item number you would find elsewhere, and whether the serial number might follow a different pattern than those of other-market 6920's. I doubt Colt would cut quality. Probably just expanding their market due to DOD cuts.

Doc Safari
02-21-12, 15:11
Are these Colts made in China? The price point in the OP is inline with a 6920.

Of course they're not made in China. I just took a jab at Wal-Mart because everything you can buy at Wal-Mart is Chinese. :lol:

Do not buy sneakers there. I had a pair that literally lasted two weeks.

ST911
02-21-12, 15:13
Slow down a bit here...

Is corporate buying them directly from Colt? Are individual WM regions or stores ordering local interest from the approved wholesalers? (Lipseys, Sports South, IIRC. Maybe others.)

Walmart's predatory buying practices are well established, but let's not let conspiracy theories and doom predictions run rampant.

Doc Safari
02-21-12, 15:13

I've only been in Walmart a handful of times, and from what I have seen, I wouldn't want anyone there even looking at a gun, much less a 6920. I hope the Walmarts around here aren't like the ones around you guy's.

LOL! I can see it now. Customer saying to the clerk, "Don't you guys carry DPMS?" :lol:

B Cart
02-21-12, 16:03
LOL! I can see it now. Customer saying to the clerk, "Don't you guys carry DPMS?" :lol:

:lol: SO true! I'm going to have to make a Walmart run after work and see if the ones here are stocking them. I agree that I would never buy one from Walmart, but the price point would lead one to believe they are legit. If they were selling them for $599 then I'd definitely be thinking Chinese knockoff version.

DoctorTran
02-21-12, 16:20
Up here in WA, our store is selling Bushmasters. They also have an M&P-15 22.

Noodles
02-21-12, 16:25

I have been told about this first hand. Walmart does not sell XXX product, they sell XXX-WM. They request and are sold Walmart-Specific SKUs when needed. Two otherwise identical items can be completely different SKUs from the mfg. In this case, that very same Colt could be a seconds finish or have missing features line chrome lining or have x or y part made in a cheaper metal. Etc. It's really amazing but it's definitely there.

For those interested Costco does the same but opposite thing where occasionally they will request additional features or improved materials. This is usually limited to bathmats and blenders, but has been extended to TVs and etc.

S.E.R.T.
02-21-12, 16:30
our local "wally world" carrys some bushmasters and remingtons but i look at it as a 2 edged sword. i think its a great way to get people into AR15's but see where it could be turned into a media nightmare. i have never purchased a firearm from a wal mart due to the fear of poor quality and the general lack of knowledge behind the counter (i speak to the one i frequent only).

The_War_Wagon
02-21-12, 16:36
Is it a factory second - like their Goodyear & Michelin tires? :rolleyes:

camoman
02-21-12, 17:00
Factory second, or perhaps product that did not pass QC for what ever reason. The point is, I seriously doubt the 6920 you buy at Walmart, would be Identical to the 6920 you would buy at your local gun shop.

lilro
02-21-12, 17:01
Great. Now I'll be the guy at the range with the "walmart gun"

Rogue556
02-21-12, 17:02
I have seen the terrible things that go on in those stores(worked there as a poor college student lol).

I was an unloader in the back and can tell you that no one took care of the items we got in. Wouldn't doubt if it was the same with weapons. I actually tried switching to a sporting goods position when I worked there. They chose some other guy who had been there longer of course. This same guy tried for FOREVER to put the barrel on a mossberg 500, pointlessly molesting the entire gun. Needless to say, I would never buy a gun from Walmart after the things I've seen, regardless of brand. (This also goes for anything of value such as electronics, etc.)

p22shooter30
02-21-12, 17:04
colt is a company like any other. the more product they sell, the more they make. and arms dealers are never pushy on who ends up with thier guns as long as the check clears.

Moltke
02-21-12, 17:21
Pure speculation. There is no reason at all to assume that colt has reduced their quality or will in the future because theyre now on sale at walmart. Is that the same for a 10/22 youd find at walmart or the 9mm ammo you find on their shelves? All youre doing is spreading bad information and clouding the situation. Im guessing youre also of the belief that colts sporter 6920's arent as good as their le6920's?

Somebody shut this crap down.

BIGUGLY
02-21-12, 17:25
Great, now the mrs. can simply go to wal-mart to and pick this up if I put it on the grocery list, either that or she is going to be yelling at me and my boy for oogling.

Casull
02-21-12, 17:30
It's nice if you can't find a Colt anywhere else easily. It's also good because people who aren't into guns will be presented with the option of purchasing an AR-15 to protect their family or go plink at the range. . .

I unfortunately have heard terrible things about Walmart related gun purchases. In fact, they have been so bad I wouldn't want to risk getting stuck in the crud they've pulled on some people I know.
The Walmart employee took their personal information and then told them they weren't going to sell them the youth shotgun they wanted to purchase for their son because they were suspicious. The employee that found them suspicious had rotted teeth and seemed very..non-conservative.. if you will. Believe me, those folks don't look suspicious so much as well off. :big_boss:

As an aware gun owner I opt to support the local gun shoppe.

camoman
02-21-12, 17:38
Pure speculation. There is no reason at all to assume that colt has reduced their quality or will in the future because theyre now on sale at walmart. Is that the same for a 10/22 youd find at walmart or the 9mm ammo you find on their shelves? All youre doing is spreading bad information and clouding the situation. Im guessing youre also of the belief that colts sporter 6920's arent as good as their le6920's?

Yes, it is pure speculation....but the companies past business practices are not. I would not know about the 10/22 or any other firearm for that matter, because I have never, or would never EVER purchase a firearm through them....period! About the bad info...again SPECULATION....But then again, all you have to do is look at Walmart's past business practices to see the truth in the matter.

TedG
02-21-12, 17:41
Walmart is the largest retailer (if not overall corporation) in the world. Getting a product on Walmart shelves is not easy and if successful, the supplier (Colt) will make more money. This keeps their plant open and saves jobs when the DOD contracts drop off.

A Colt 6920 is still a Colt no matter what the "SKU" is. And, Colt is not going to sell "seconds" or rifles lacking features, to anyone. That's a ridiculous assumption. While a small LGS may buy 5-10 Colts per year, Walmart offers the opportunity for Colt to sell thousands. Volume is the name of the game. This is a good business decision for Colt and Walmart.

Everyone complains that Walmart sells Chinese junk, yet when they offer a Made in America product, people still complain.

Supporting your local Walmart is like supporting any other local business. Your friends and neighbors have jobs there and it increases your local economy. You have the ablility to pick and choose what you buy, you are not forced to buy Chinese products. But, if you can save money buying a Colt 6920 from Walmart, it would be dumb not to.

drsal
02-21-12, 17:41
Wandered into Walmart for some fishing items, only the usual shotguns and bolt action rifles..no AR's, for $1074 would have picked up a basic 6920 for a 'car' gun :)

p22shooter30
02-21-12, 17:42
i totally wish they sold guns in the walmarts around here. bummer. colts sell for 1500 bucks at my local shoppe.

lt211
02-21-12, 17:46
[QUOTE=Trajan;1237082]I'm worried how this will turn out in the more "ghetto" walmarts.

oh shit, You took the thoughts right out of my head! First im thinking thats great, until I started thinking about a few of the Walmarts Ive been to.

S.E.R.T.
02-21-12, 17:54
my worry is are any employees ccw certified ?? theres a reason people dont try to rob gun stores or pawn shops (succesfully anyways) lord help us all if the media gets wind of a local shopping center that carried assault rifles and military grade ammunition (their spin on it) and all it took was a few men a few minutes to start a scene nobody wants to see.

J_Dub_503
02-21-12, 17:55
Target would be a more appropriate to carry Colt's...either way they're not getting my money.

Casull
02-21-12, 17:58
I'll also point out that we may assume it could be tough for a manufacturer to get into walmart, but it could be thought that walmart finally gave into the fact gun sales have been crazy and the "black rifle" is a good thing to have in stock.

S.E.R.T.
02-21-12, 18:00
I'll also point out that we may assume it could be tough for a manufacturer to get into walmart, but it could be thought that walmart finally gave into the fact gun sales have been crazy and the "black rifle" is a good thing to have in stock.

Boom, headshot. its all about the $$$

IYAAYASwarrior
02-21-12, 18:08
Bushmaster and Sig down here in Bossier/Shreveport LA...no Colt

Noodles
02-21-12, 18:11
A Colt 6920 is still a Colt no matter what the "SKU" is. And, Colt is not going to sell "seconds" or rifles lacking features, to anyone. That's a ridiculous assumption.

Whatever you say. I have had first hand discussions from a very high up CEO of a competing company that explain that's EXACTLY what Walmart does.

I would absolutely assume the 10/22 at Walmart, and the 870s to be of the same suspect quality. Probably fine, but they beat mfgs over price and something has to give somewhere.

If you can get a Colt direct or via a dealer, those are a sure thing. If you absolutely must have one today, it's very nice you can go to Walmart, I just personally wouldn't gamble on it.

Kokopelli
02-21-12, 18:18

hahahahaha.. spot on too.. Cheers.. Ron

az doug
02-21-12, 18:21

I've only been in Walmart a handful of times, and from what I have seen, I wouldn't want anyone there even looking at a gun, much less a 6920. I hope the Walmarts around here aren't like the ones around you guy's...

As a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and all other amendments, I find comments like this disturbing.

Even those in Ghettos have the right to defend themselves. They may have more of a need than those in the suburbs, who knows.

NoveskeFan
02-21-12, 18:30
As a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and all other amendments, I find comments like this disturbing.

Even those in Ghettos have the right to defend themselves. They may have more of a need than those in the suburbs, who knows.

my worry is are any employees ccw certified ?? theres a reason people dont try to rob gun stores or pawn shops (succesfully anyways) lord help us all if the media gets wind of a local shopping center that carried assault rifles and military grade ammunition (their spin on it) and all it took was a few men a few minutes to start a scene nobody wants to see.
I think the meaning is the chance of a store getting robbed, which could happen anywhere...

sjc3081
02-21-12, 18:36
Factory second, or perhaps product that did not pass QC for what ever reason. The point is, I seriously doubt the 6920 you buy at Walmart, would be Identical to the 6920 you would buy at your local gun shop.

Your statement is not based in fact

IYAAYASwarrior
02-21-12, 18:58

Agreed. Maybe if there is any concern I personally would have is it being readily available to an "extremist" and the danger that poses to LEO's....but than again, just my opinion

9mmhpfan
02-21-12, 19:15
I don't see them where I am at, they do have Ruger Mini 14's though.

lebowski
02-21-12, 19:18
I think this is a good thing. I personally wouldn't buy one there and I rarely shop there, but it's a good sign IMO that the "evil" black rifle has become acceptable in a mainstream big box store. I also think its another positive sign wrt colts more recent focus on the consumer market.

I think the concerns about quality are unfounded. For a publicly traded toothpaste or diaper or beer company where consistent volume growth the name of the game, they can't afford not to sell through Walmart. I don't see that as the case for colt, they've had solid distribution before this and will continue to. Theyve also got the best brand name in a market that is fragmented on both the manufacturing and the retail/distribution ends.

Also given the price it doesn't look like they're "squeezing" too much - I don't think Grant will lose any business from M4Cers.

LWatson
02-21-12, 19:24
Ive bought 2 Remington 700's from a local Walmart here in dallas and they shoot sub moa out of the box. no lacking quality from what I can see. Ammo seems to be a different story tho. its been hit and miss with the pistol white box.

Walmart also only sells gun out of their top 100 stores in the country after Michael Moore did "Bowling for Columbine"

sgtbutt
02-21-12, 19:29

Really? In your "Ghetto" Walmarts gun will still be looked up behind a glass display shelve, with a trigger lock on. Every Walmart that I've been into in WY all guns have had a trigger lock.

And is the 6920 so spectacular that it can perform magical feats of crime in the hands of a criminal that a Bushy or Sig can't? If you think that someone can use a Colt in any kind of crime wouldn't it be just as easy to use any other Manufacturer of AR, or hell even an 870? If someone is going to try to use a Walmart shelf gun to do something stupid they could try with any other gun.

Plus have you ever actually bought a firearm from a Walmart? It's a PITA! Do the 4473, have it looked over by the salesman, have them call NICS, then wait for some manager who is always busy with something else to verify your info and then WALK your firearm outside. A former guardsman is a manager who had to walk my 10-22 back in November, the Guy knew me for over 4 years but policy is policy.

Yeah, there is peopleofwalmart.com, go have a look at those, but guess what, looks can be deceiving. One of those people may be a CCW holder and an avid gun user. Colt is just a chunk of metal like all the others out their. They don't do tricks, they're just a tool, like all the others and will do the job.

OldState
02-21-12, 19:31
While we are all speculating here, I will speculate the quality will be the same. What does Colt charge the Government for M4's? I'm thinking Walmart will pay more for 6920's. There should be plenty profit built in for Colt.

I'm personally glad to see it. If there is a market for Colts at Walmart it is a good sign for the firearms industry.

The Walmarts near me pussed out and stopped selling guns. I only see them out in the very rural Walmarts.

I also like to support the local gun shops but most of the ones near me are thieves. Last year the local guys said they could order me a Colt for $1400. I found one on Gunbroker for $1050 and supported a small gun shop in Wisconsin. The local guy isn't worth $350.

Appalachian
02-21-12, 19:46
Supporting your local Walmart is like supporting any other local business. Your friends and neighbors have jobs there and it increases your local economy. You have the ablility to pick and choose what you buy, you are not forced to buy Chinese products. But, if you can save money buying a Colt 6920 from Walmart, it would be dumb not to.

Not totally true, Wal Mart will NEVER be a part of the community (not truly a local business) no matter how many employees from the local area cycle through there.

Back to the 6920...this isnt the first time Wal Mart has carried Colts. During the AWB initiation under clinton one of the only place I was able to find a Colt HBAR (hey, I was young) was at Wal Mart. Disappointing that Colt is doing this though. Sure, some guys will buy them, but I would offer that we have dealers in this community that have them for about the same (or less). Buying from a corporation that could care less about the gun culture is up to you. And one could buy a pistol to go with the 6920 while they are there. Oh thats right...they don't sell pistols.

SomeOtherGuy
02-21-12, 19:51

1) Marlin makes, or made in the recent past, a version of their 30-30 levergun that was only sold at Walmart (I think it was the 336W) and had a slightly reduced level of finish. So it's not unprecedented to think that a basically similar gun would have a cheapened Walmart version.

2) I've bought a lot of the Federal pistol ammo at Walmart. It appears to have copper plated bullets rather than true jacketed bullets. I haven't seen the same stuff for sale elsewhere and I don't think I've even seen it listed on Federal's website. It works fine for my practice purposes, but it is (or seems to be) another example of a cheaper product sold only by Walmart.

Evil Colt 6920
02-21-12, 19:55
I think this is a good thing for all of us. Also, I highly doubt Colt would risk its reputation by selling non QC passed or low quality guns... even at Walmart. The amount of specualtion and ignorance in this thread is disturbing. :bad:

An Undocumented Worker
02-21-12, 19:57
I don't think I'd worry about the quality of Colt 6920's sold at wally world.

Colt has a history of fulfilling contracts with much more demanding buyers, who probably get em cheaper than walmart does;)

I think they know what they're doing.

But yeah support your favorite local business before you buy the Colt from wally world.

espnazi
02-21-12, 20:02
1) Marlin makes, or made in the recent past, a version of their 30-30 levergun that was only sold at Walmart (I think it was the 336W) and had a slightly reduced level of finish. So it's not unprecedented to think that a basically similar gun would have a cheapened Walmart version.

2) I've bought a lot of the Federal pistol ammo at Walmart. It appears to have copper plated bullets rather than true jacketed bullets. I haven't seen the same stuff for sale elsewhere and I don't think I've even seen it listed on Federal's website. It works fine for my practice purposes, but it is (or seems to be) another example of a cheaper product sold only by Walmart.

No matter what has happened in the past it is still speculation, specially when Walmart's price is not significantly less but merely in the ballpark. Lastly Walmart's demand will not stretch Colt thin they have the ability to manufacture on a large scale a ability that exist because of past DOD contracts.

Another example of a company which is carried by Walmart is Spyderco. The knives they made for walmart were still made with the same high standards as their whole line up and manufacturing remained in Golden Colorado.

chadbag
02-21-12, 20:08
Walmart also only sells gun out of their top 100 stores in the country after Michael Moore did "Bowling for Columbine"

I seriously doubt that is the case now. I have seen guns in ALL the Wal-Marts I have been to in Utah and Las Vegas and I doubt they are all in the Top 100.

Both my local Wal-Marts have ARs. The one in my city had Bushmaster when I last checked, and the one in the next city over (about 10 miles away) had the Sig M400.

The fact that Wal-Mart is carrying AR type rifles, and from such a large variety of manufacturers (Colt, S&W, Sig, Bushmaster at a minimum) is fantastic.

I won'be be buying one, but what department are they in? The SPORTS Department or Sporting Goods Department. If Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the country, is selling them in the Sporting Goods Department, I defy anyone to say they are not common and are not sporting arms.

The exposure this gives to an M4 type gun to the public is great for the 2A.

-

Voodoochild
02-21-12, 20:33
Please keep this thread on topic or elses JSantoro will come in here berate you and possibly tea bag you. You hqve been warned.

Pilgrim
02-21-12, 20:35
I'm in the hardware business... it has been a FACT that the power tools sold by big box stores are made to a lesser degree than the tools sold to independent dealers. We find this out when we try to order parts, and the model # of the tool are not listed. For example let's say you buy a DeWALT drill at a big box, lets say it was a D21009, what you might find sometimes is added letters of numbers to this model number, and that was most likely a one time only run for that specific store. Usually little parts are left out or cheapened in some way so as to reduce the price point, my favorite is when they leave out every other bearing (like with WalMart bicycles), of substitute plastic gears. Either way a D21009 is not the same as a D21009-KA2.

Trouble is, that now I have to buy the crappy made tools from distributors also, to try and compete... so the lines are now blurred...

This being said... I routinely work on Paslode Impulse nailers that were bought at big box stores because the price was $19 cheaper than my price, tore up on the job, then they brought it to me to fix. There is absolutely no difference between the tool that I sell, and the tool that Home Depot sells... none at all... exact same specs, it's just Home Depot can afford to sell them as a loss leader and I can't!

So you can't paint with a broad brush.

It's no big deal anyway... as one of us here will buy one soon and report what they find.

I know that certain S------g made footballs and golf balls, when WalMart placed an order, would skip the quality control step before being boxed up and shipped. WalMart says "You will sell us 10,000 footballs at $ $8.35 a piece"... so they get their order straight off the line and off they go to the distro center. This info is 30 years old... but I was there.

I know for a fact that Mossberg 500 shotguns sold at Service Merchandise back in the 80's had quite a few 'final finishing' steps left out of the process... but hell... you were getting the gun, two barrels, a heat shield, and a pistol grip for $179.00 so clean the bluing salts out of the action yourself. Local dealers at the time were vocal to sales reps and cautious to buy a Mossberg or Winchester shotgun for fear they might get one that was meant for a chain store... but I don't know of this ever happening.

Point is... if a WalMart Colt is made to lesser quality than one Grant sells, we will soon find out... I highly doubt that it is. But I would much rather you bought your from one of the M4Carbine.net supporters and advertisers. Keep it in the family folks.

az doug
02-21-12, 20:44
I think the meaning is the chance of a store getting robbed, which could happen anywhere...

I don't think he was referring to a theft from or robbery of the store when he wrote the following:

scoutfsu99
02-21-12, 20:48
This thread went from zero to Arfcom in 10 posts. Awesome.:(

az doug
02-21-12, 20:52
Agreed. Maybe if there is any concern I personally would have is it being readily available to an "extremist" and the danger that poses to LEO's....but than again, just my opinion

Extremists can get guns whether they sell them at Walmart or not. If they cannot buy them lawfully, they will buy from an individual, steal them... As to the danger they poses to LEO's; I have been an LEO for 28 years and I am not willing to sacrifice anyone's individual rights regardless of the reason.

Evil Colt 6920
02-21-12, 21:32
No offense to the OP but I wish I had not clicked on this thread:mad: its 4+ pages of barfcom BS that doesnt belong on M4C. I know that was not the intention of this thread when started but someone mentions "made in china" and former arfcom members run rampant with it.

Dunderway
02-21-12, 22:37

Guess I missed that 89 import ban being lifted.:rolleyes: This thread is retarded.

samuse
02-21-12, 22:59
The only thing I buy from Wal-Mart is cheap ass ammo, bug wash for my windshield, dog food and spray paint.

I do not buy condoms, tires or SD/HD ammo at Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart sells the cheapest junk they can make money on.

I would not trust Colt or Wal-Mart to play nice together and sell the highest quality product at a reasonable price. Sorry Colt... Adieu.

DeltaSierra
02-21-12, 23:04
I would not trust Colt or Wal-Mart to play nice together and sell the highest quality product at a reasonable price. Sorry Colt... Adieu.

Is there any evidence that Colt is cheapening the end product for Wal-Mart? As of yet, there is none, so lets knock off the mindless speculation until some evidence has been introduced.

Iraqgunz
02-21-12, 23:16
Go to Walmart and investigate your self or don't. Either way this one is done.