PDA

View Full Version : TW25B grease from Mfg.

jungatheart
02-21-12, 13:52
I e mailed to the Manufacturer of TW25B gun grease. Told them I'd heard good things but was put off by the price and compared it to the price of gasoline. This is what I got back from the President and CEO:

Hi Don,

All the good things you heard about TW25B are True! It is well proven to be the BEST gun lubricant in the World. It is also the cheapest to buy and use!

WHAT? Yes it is true! Considering for example, that our 1.5 Oz. tube which sells for $11.95, can lubricate about 50 pistols, or over 20 long guns, AND, you then can get at least 6 to 10 times as many rounds through the treated weapon before firing residue is likely to build up to a level deserving of cleaning. Your fair effort to trying it will prove that it is not only the best but the most cost effective weapons lubricant. More shooting and less cleaning is another great feature of TW25B, since it greatly prevents firing residue from being able to burn on and adhere to the metal, so cleaning is much more of a wiping than a scrubbing action. At it works on ALL weapons no matter where you take them or what metal they are made from.

I will send you a free small sample pillow pack of TW25B to see for yourself. It looks like white cold cream, so apply very light coatings on well cleaned internal and external parts, and let it earn your respect and appreciation for its value. If you can’t get several pistols and at least one whole long gun lubed with this sample it means that you are using too much! Remember, on close fitted parts (bolt area) polish it on until you see NO white residue. On heavy load, fast moving parts (slides and rails), we recommend a moderate coating which is when you can still see the rail metal, but there is an obvious white haze coating over them. That is all of it you ever need to use, and the rule is always the same… Close, tight fitted (clean) parts, leave no visible white residue. On high speed, heavy load, fast moving parts, you want to see that thin white haze on top of those parts.

If it were gasoline, it would give you over 200 miles per gallon!

It is really very inexpensive when used properly.

Best regards,

Gordon

R. Gordon Furlong

President and CEO

MIL-COMM PRODUCTS COMPANY

2 Carlton Avenue

East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073

TEL: 201-935-8561 x12

TOLL FREE 800-743-4518

FAX: 201-935-6059

www.mil-comm.com

They also make some grease for locks which I bought at Amazon because of the guy's great spiel.

Blankwaffe
02-25-12, 12:20
Gordon Furlong knows what he is doing.Ive had several conversations with Charlie Furlong and John Scheld, Sr. Chief Technical Officer/Chemist several times as well.These people are serious about what they do and at a very professional level.

Ive used the Mil-comm since approx. 2000 primarily as a pistol lubricant and have seen no issues and the product does meet the claims made in advertisement.
Depending on how much you shoot and your PM routine,not discounting shear number of weapons maintained,I'd say a 4oz. tube of TW25B and a bottle of the MC2500 oil is likely all an average individual will typically need to buy for a year supply.Like they say "a little bit goes a long way."

One huge advantage IMHO is the Mil-comm does not evaporate off.I have a couple well used pistols I stored away three years ago and they remain lubed the same as the day as I put them away.Only thing Ive done,simply because my conscious gets the better of me,is wipe the exteriors down with MC2500 oil about every three months.Otherwise the light sheen of TW25B can still be seen on the internals.

In my experience the weapons do in fact remain in a "grab and go condition" regardless of time,carry or storage.
TW25B is very slow to burn off in and does infact allow extended heavy use.
The claims about the "wipe off cleaning is true as well.I personally do not care for the MC25 water based cleaner and prefer Hoppe's No.9 for bore cleaning.But all that is typically needed for the other parts is a wipe off and relube.
That said the MC2500 oil,while expensive for the application,cleans as well as most of the CLP's being sold today IMHO.It penetrates/creeps like crazy and clings to metal.So for any hard fouling I use it with a double ended nylon brush to clean those areas.

If you plan to maintain several weapons at once,the TW25B EP,either purchased as a aerosol(actually a bladder can),or mixed at home in a spray bottle,will help speed up application.Only warning I'd give using the EP is be cautious around some spray painted(Krylon) camo finishes if you have any.The alcohol in the EP may soften or remove cheaper spray paint type finishes...at least in my experience.

So,through use personally, I can confidently say that what Mr.Furlong has to say about expense and end performance etc. is true.
Regardless Mil-comm's products have been well tested and fully vetted for many years now.

ETA
The NRA label packaged Mil-comm has much improved containers(dropper top bottles) over the tooth paste type tubes Mil-comm used previously.The bottles can be refilled/reused as well..

M4Fundi
02-25-12, 19:19
I love the stuff and have found that to be accurate and it has also functioned well in very cold weather.

friendlyfireisnt
02-25-12, 20:13
I use it as well, but only on my pistols, I don't use it on my AR-15 anymore. I just use slip2000 EWL for that.

QuietShootr
02-25-12, 21:04
It really IS good shit. It took me three years to run through a 4 ounce bottle of the semifluid MC-3000.

Stickman
02-26-12, 13:16
My experiences with TW25B have been very, very good.

MSteele
02-26-12, 13:31
I have been using it for over a year on my pistol with zero issues and when I finally do decide to clean my pistol there is still a coating on everything... Good Stuff!!!

MrFJones
02-26-12, 15:54
I have used it with great results on both my pistols and rifles.

GeorgiaBoy
02-26-12, 16:40
I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will now after seeing this. How many company CEO's actually individually respond to customer emails?

This shows character.

VIP3R 237
02-26-12, 17:05
I use it as well, but only on my pistols, I don't use it on my AR-15 anymore. I just use slip2000 EWL for that.

Im curious as to why you dont use it on the ar anymore.

Microalign
02-26-12, 17:08
I've used it for many years, and haven't found anything yet that works as well as TW25B. Great for pistol rails, and bolt carrier assemblies.

rsilvers
02-16-15, 07:15
I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will now after seeing this. How many company CEO's actually individually respond to customer emails?

This shows character.

That depends on how many employees there are. I would say all of them when the company has one employee, and most of them with a few employees, and then goes down from there. I have had good results with the grease on M14s.

Heavy Metal
02-16-15, 12:59
It's good stuff and temp insensitive. I apply a tiny dab to the engagement surfaces on my glock with a precision syringe applicator and then put Weapons Shield over it. It is also good for Garand-type weapons in lieu of Lubriplate.

I save my Fireclean for my long guns and 22s.

I have heard of it drying out on suppressed weapons that are ran hard but overall I think it has a place and I use and recommend it. The CEO is right, with a syringe applicator, you can make a little go a long way.

ndmiller
02-16-15, 20:59
Remember, on close fitted parts (bolt area) polish it on until you see NO white residue. On heavy load, fast moving parts (slides and rails), we recommend a moderate coating which is when you can still see the rail metal, but there is an obvious white haze coating over them. That is all of it you ever need to use, and the rule is always the same… Close, tight fitted (clean) parts, leave no visible white residue. On high speed, heavy load, fast moving parts, you want to see that thin white haze on top of those parts.

Never saw this and I am definitely using too much.