PDA

View Full Version : I HAVE HEARD IT ALL NOW

Steve
02-21-12, 15:25
photon diffusion with aimpoint optics is an issue vs eotechs?

anyone smarter than me on this one

Titleist
02-21-12, 15:27
photon diffusion with aimpoint optics is an issue vs eotechs?

anyone smarter than me on this one

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

skullworks
02-21-12, 15:28
Eh, what now? Origin of this claim?

Sent using Tapatalk

Steve
02-21-12, 16:03
I know better but I'm laughing my ass off local forum guy claims his eotech is better because of the clear lens vs the aimpoint etc because of this...

yet his eotech is back for de lamenting issues

I was more venting here

He based this off his jr star gazing background

why do i read the internet sometimes:suicide2:

Zhurdan
02-21-12, 16:22
Steve... you don't... the internet READS YOU!

montanadave
02-21-12, 16:29
I pray for the day when the most critical component to my accuracy is "photon diffusion." :lol:

VelveteenMole
02-21-12, 16:31
What's the context? They talking about dot crispness? Downrange light signature? Haloing along the tube walls? Not really sure I follow what they're getting at specifically, though some argument could be made on all counts, but I still don't see it justifying an EO short of a raid against folks known to have NODs, but I'm no more a SME than what I can glean from the internetz.

ETA: Oh, hell, here I was taking you seriously n'shit.

a0cake
02-21-12, 16:32
I know better but I'm laughing my ass off local forum guy claims his eotech is better because of the clear lens vs the aimpoint etc because of this...

yet his eotech is back for de lamenting issues

I was more venting here

He based this off his jr star gazing background

why do i read the internet sometimes:suicide2:

Jesus. I've actually heard that argued also. Does he not realize that you can shoot these sights with the front lens completely covered and it really doesn't matter all that much? That's really the ultimate way to make this guy feel stupid...and it also works pretty good for debunking the "field of view" argument with red dots also. Had an EOTECH owner try my T1 and proceed to complain about its FOV...I taped up the front lens and went ahead and kept shooting just as well. Ridiculous.

The_War_Wagon
02-21-12, 16:34
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

It's my fault. I crosssed the streams... :fie:

Zhurdan
02-21-12, 17:01
I pray for the day when the most critical component to my accuracy is "photon diffusion." :lol:

No joke! I too hope for the day where my weapons are the weakest link in the chain.

I got into it with a guy once about a skeletonized Glock trigger bar and his claim that it helps reduce lock up time. When I asked him if he was shooting faster than his pistol currently could shoot he just went on and on that it's the best thing to hit the market since sliced bread and everyone must buy it now!!

Unfortunately for him, he'd posted some video on the same site of his shooting skills. Barns and broadside came to mind.