PDA

View Full Version : MOE w/mount-n-slot light question

m4brian
02-22-12, 11:01
Does the mount-n-slot allow enough room when with an MOE handguard, to comfortably use your forefinger wedged under the front lip, while you manipulate the tailswitch with the thumb?

Does it also allow enough clearance to place the thumb OVER the top of the handguard with forefinger engaged under the front lip when NOT using the light??? Thanks.

bsmith_shoot
02-22-12, 11:04
Is it the smc or tmc?

bsmith_shoot
02-22-12, 11:20
Is it mounted ejection port, or bolt release side?

Pork Chop
02-22-12, 11:22
Does the mount-n-slot allow enough room when with an MOE handguard, to comfortably use your forefinger wedged under the front lip, while you manipulate the tailswitch with the thumb?

Does it also allow enough clearance to place the thumb OVER the top of the handguard with forefinger engaged under the front lip when NOT using the light??? Thanks.

I have relatively large hands and have had no issues with any of those things.

I did work with the positioning just a bit to get that "perfect" spot where I could get the results you are asking about, but it works great and I'm happy with it.

m4brian
02-22-12, 13:26
Is it the smc or tmc?

I ASSUME SMC as it is shown with the MOE HG:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/smc-light-mount-1-00/

The TMC is shown with STD HG:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/tmc-1-light-mount-n-slot/

Don't know if this one works on the MOE HG - looks a tad farther fwd which is good.

I'm considering it vice the Elzetta:

http://www.elzetta.com/zfh1500faq.htm

I like that it is: OFF the HG, totally ambi, and can use an integral sling mount fwd.

bsmith_shoot
02-22-12, 14:31
Either are fine kit. Ive ran both on MOE handguards, with my favorite being the SMC. I run MOE's with my pointer finger over the "lip" at the front, and my thumb wrapped over the top. It works perfectly. I mount the SMC on the ejection port side.

pira114
02-22-12, 14:40
Either are fine kit. Ive ran both on MOE handguards, with my favorite being the SMC. I run MOE's with my pointer finger over the "lip" at the front, and my thumb wrapped over the top. It works perfectly. I mount the SMC on the ejection port side.

This is exactly what I do. It works great.

Korgs130
02-22-12, 19:33

You shouldn't have any issues. I have medium size hands and I can do all of the above with the SMC.

m4brian
03-03-12, 19:04
ANYONE use the TMC with an MOE handguard???

bsmith_shoot
03-03-12, 20:13

I have. To me, its at home on mid, or rifle length handguards. Carbine guards are just too short.

3 AE
03-04-12, 12:45

Yes I do. It is the first generation TMC that has the two piece clamp with one clamping screw. This and the latest TMC model will work with the standard M-4 hand guard and the first generation Magpul MOE hand guard that has the five vent holes (carbine length) and is flat on top. They won't fit properly on the latest MOE hand guards since they are rounded on top for use on DI and gas piston rifles. I believe that's why IWC came up with the SMC.

m4brian
03-04-12, 17:05
I have the flat top MOE HG on my 6720. It LOOKS like the TMC MIGHT provide a little more room for the hand on the side of the rail than the SMC. But, it will also be a tad in the way on top for the thumb.

My other carbines have DD Omega X rails. I wanted one to remain simple and lightweight, and actually find the MOE HQ to be fairly comfortable even being a bit short. With my forefinger under the front lip, my hand is comfortable back behind the side venthole, but just wondered whether the TMC being a little better in this regard.

Thanks.