PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10XP .223?

RGT
12-24-07, 09:13
Probably doesn't fit the "precistion" part of the forum but...

The camo model Savage 10XP caught my eye and seeings how I have a .223 round or two in supply I thought that maybe this rifle would make a good just-for-the-hell-of-it gun.

So, anyone own one and like to share your opinion on this rifle?

the1911fan
12-24-07, 13:57
The Savage rifles I have shot have been super accurate...you'd be hard pressed to a find a more accurate out of the box rifle...Yes their bolt is not glass like but it is smooth enough...and for the money they can't be beat

K.L. Davis
12-24-07, 18:47
I took a Savage 110 Police model out of the box, cleaned it, put a scope and sling on it, bore sighted it and then took it and a couple of boxes of handloads to a 1000 yard match... first time the rifle was ever shot was when the targets came up.

I left with the rifle... and a first place finish, iirc it shot close to a 180 and 8X (pretty windy that day) -- I am not a great shot, so the rifle must be pretty good ;)

RGT
12-26-07, 08:26
Thank you both for your replies.

I think that was hoping hear from someone who owns one of these 10XP's that they're not worth a darn. You see, I really have no need for one but for some strange reason I just can't get it out of my mind!

Maybe Santa should have left me some will power this year! :D

chris914
12-31-07, 10:21
Savage rifles are really the best value out there. I know that the new trigger makes up for the issues in the past. I just bought a Scout rifle and I am pleased with it. I have two others now and have owned or known of at least 5 others that shot well. Under 1 moa is the rule not the exception. I am sure that the 10XP will fill any needs that you may have. Keep us posted on this. I am looking for a new lightweight walking varmint gun to replace my old Remmington 788.

RGT
01-01-08, 06:43
Savage rifles are really the best value out there. I know that the new trigger makes up for the issues in the past. I just bought a Scout rifle and I am pleased with it. I have two others now and have owned or known of at least 5 others that shot well. Under 1 moa is the rule not the exception. I am sure that the 10XP will fill any needs that you may have. Keep us posted on this. I am looking for a new lightweight walking varmint gun to replace my old Remmington 788.

Will do chris.

All the suppliers I've checked are out of stock on the 10XP at the moment. Probably just as well as I bought myself a Colt 6920LE w/ a ACOG TA31RCO M4 and 1k rounds of M588 for Christmas and need a day or two (read sixty or so) to cool off the card. :D