PDA

View Full Version : Lan World Inc.

ernie pezz
02-22-12, 21:46
Hey guys and gals... My name is Ernie and I'm new to the site.
I was just wondering if anyone has used Lan World Inc. to purchase a
Stag Arms AR? I am looking into getting the Model 1, and was told that they will do the bullet button conversion and ship to California. Basically I was just wondering if they are a reputable company? Thanks in advance for any advice! Ernie

DeltaSierra
02-22-12, 23:04
Don't get the Stag rifle.

If you need a California compliant rifle, the best deal going is the Colt SP 6920CA from Grant at G&R Tactical.

ernie pezz
02-22-12, 23:23
Don't get the Stag rifle.

If you need a California compliant rifle, the best deal going is the Colt SP 6920CA from Grant at G&R Tactical.

I went to check out your recommendation, and this was the first thing that I saw!!! http://g-and-r-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/do-not-trust-g-r-tactical-20091103161005.html
Doesn't make me feel real comfortable hearing the negative comments.

DeltaSierra
02-22-12, 23:30
I personally have placed multiple orders with Grant, and through my recommendations he has gotten other long term customers.

I trust him more than any other seller online, and try to go out of my way to support him even when I could buy products from other sellers.

There is a thread here on feedback for Grant - read through it for yourself.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105

Whatever idiot wrote that hogwash that you linked to doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

An Undocumented Worker
02-22-12, 23:51
I just visited the site mr new guy was talking about and my avast antivirus went nuts. Well, I can't say that builds any confidence for me.

sinlessorrow
02-22-12, 23:54
I just visited the site mr new guy was talking about and my avast antivirus went nuts. Well, I can't say that builds any confidence for me.

the website is pissed consumer, its a legit website. the comments on the other hand:confused:

An Undocumented Worker
02-22-12, 23:56
the website is pissed consumer, its a legit website. the comments on the other hand:confused:

No, not pissed consumer, lanworld........ I'm not gonna post the link search for the info contained in earnie's first post.

DeltaSierra
02-23-12, 00:05
I'm not gonna post the link search for the info contained in earnie's first post.

:blink:

Wow....

In other words, buying from them sounds like it will be about as nice an experience as jumping off the edge of the Grand Canyon - without a chute...

sinlessorrow
02-23-12, 00:06
I went to check out your recommendation, and this was the first thing that I saw!!! http://g-and-r-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/do-not-trust-g-r-tactical-20091103161005.html

found this response from Grant over on ingunowners

We are sorry to hear that Mr. Bowser (Booya) had a bad experience with us. Long story short, he received the wrong item and we offered the item at our cost (a substantial discount) to make up for the mistake. His refund was handled quickly and all of his money (to include the shipping he paid to send the item back to us) was refunded. Apparently Mr. Bowser thought the offer was good enough because he even stated that he would consider buying a lower from us in the future. So we were a little suprised to see this post.

Having worked as an online dealer for over 7yrs, I have learned that you cannot make everyone happy and that ALL DEALER'S have customers that do not like them. Unfortunately, people only pay attention to the few negative reports and ignore the 22 pages of positive feedback (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105) or the fact that we have perfect ratings on EBAY and GunBroker.

In regards to the BBB rating, G&R Sucks and other online complaint websites, those were all started by ONE PERSON that we would not let extort us out of a set of LMT sights that did not come with the upper he purchased. LMT backed us up as well and informed the customer that he was not "cheated" out of anything. Upset that he (the customer) couldn't get something for free, he posted on every low ball complaint website he could find.

G&R Tactical is a dual veteran owned company that strives to offer good prices, fast shipping and first hand knowledge on the products we sell. We donate 10% of our GROSS profits to charity and teach FREE Defensive pistol and carbine classes to the general public in an effort to give back to our community (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=71666).

Thank you to all that have supported us and we appreciate your business.

C4

grants a good guy, he posts here often.

blackgt85
02-23-12, 00:19
Smells like another troll. I have dealt with Grant and WILL recommend him to all my family and friends. Great guy to do business with!

Justin

An Undocumented Worker
02-23-12, 00:21
:blink:

Wow....

In other words, buying from them sounds like it will be about as nice an experience as jumping off the edge of the Grand Canyon - without a chute...

Yeah, lets just say I feel dirty after visiting that site, and am currently in the process of washing my computer down with a full system scan.

I hope I didn't catch anything, I also wonder if Earnie is a shill

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 00:29
I found this on Lan World... http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/lan-world-inc-named-california-distributor-of-the-year-by-stag-arms-llc/ Seems like it might be a good place to buy from. I have talked to them on the phone several times and they seem like they know what they are talking about. I did find some negative comments in regards to them being really slow to ship product, but the comments were from 2009, a time when inventories were pretty much depleted. Out of state purchase = no sales tax!
Mr. New Guy... LOL

blackgt85
02-23-12, 00:35
So, the purpose of you starting this thread was to bash on a REPUTABLE dealer? And talking about buying a subpar rifle?

thmpr
02-23-12, 00:40
I personally dealt with Lan World and Grant with positive results. Both dealers are good to go.

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 00:51
So, the purpose of you starting this thread was to bash on a REPUTABLE dealer? And talking about buying a subpar rifle?

Whoa bro!! Simmer down a bit! I got on here asking for advice, not to bash anyone! I have never even heard of that place in my life, so how could I bash them? I was just posting a review of the dealer that was recommended to me, and stating that the negative comment didn't make me feel comfortable.

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 00:52
I personally dealt with Lan World and Grant with positive results. Both dealers are good to go.

Thanks thmpr.... Good to hear!

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 00:58
I personally have placed multiple orders with Grant, and through my recommendations he has gotten other long term customers.

I trust him more than any other seller online, and try to go out of my way to support him even when I could buy products from other sellers.

There is a thread here on feedback for Grant - read through it for yourself.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105

Whatever idiot wrote that hogwash that you linked to doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

Thanks for the review thread! Looks like Grant gets kudos from a bunch of guys on this site.

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 01:03
And talking about buying a subpar rifle?

Opinions are like a**holes everyone has one!

krisjon
02-23-12, 01:25
Aside from running a good, very reputable business, Grant is a respected member of the m4c community.

You'll have to forgive people around here for getting a bit riled up when someone unknowingly questions the man's reputation. He takes care of many, many members on here and we're just "taking care of our own."

Welcome to m4c. This place is a wealth of information and good people, so I hope you stay a while.

Also know that many people here are industry professionals, military, LE, etc. so you're going to be steered towards gear that just plain works and has been tested on the battlefield and elsewhere. Stag doesn't make a horrible, inoperative AR - but there is much better out there for your $ and people here will tell you that. They'll also shake their heads when you don't heed said advice. I hope you understand.

Cheers,

Christian

Iraqgunz
02-23-12, 01:47
I have no idea if you are a troll who came here to stir the shit or not. In any case, GandRtactical is very reputable and the owner will not steer you wrong.

I can guarantee that website was done to discredit him.

d90king
02-23-12, 01:51
Opinions are like a**holes everyone has one!

I think you would be better suited on ar15dotcom.

The rifle is sub par when compared to the Colt that was recommended, and it is generally considered a bottom tier rifle by anyone who takes the time to do research on the topic.

You came here seeking guidance, and when given sound advice, you reject it and call folks assholes.

Just move on. This isn't the place for you.

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 01:56
I have no idea if you are a troll who came here to stir the shit or not. In any case, GandRtactical is very reputable and the owner will not steer you wrong.

Fair enough Iraqgunz.... Thanks for your .02 cents

J_Dub_503
02-23-12, 02:01
I've only dealt with G&R once when I bought BCM Blem lower. They responded to a email I had sent with a few questions In a timely matter and the shipping was fast. I will definitely order from them again in the future.

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 02:08
You came here seeking guidance, and when given sound advice, you reject it and call folks assholes..

I didn't call anyone an a**hole... And I surely didn't reject any sound advice. Why don't you go back and read my comment again.

And as far as you thinking that this isn't the place for me, I guess I will let the mods decide for themselves. I was referred to this site by a good friend that has been a member for several years now, and he said that I could find a lot of good info, and get sound advice from a very friendly and knowledgeable group of guys. So far I've been given some good advise from a few guys, and have been belittled by you! A "Site Sponsor" should have a little more class... Just my .02 worth.

Striker
02-23-12, 02:26
OP,
G&R is a good dealer. More than reputable: however, if you're looking for something closer to home, try Riflegear in Fountain Valley. Also very reputable and located in Socal.

Your choice of rifles is sub par for this sight because this is a sight for extremely dedicated defense and pro shooters. Stag doesn't meet the beat it to hell and it still works standard. In short, our standard is guns you can stake your life on and Stag isn't that gun. Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, Noveske etc are. Good luck and enjoy your new rifle.

ernie pezz
02-23-12, 02:26
Aside from running a good, very reputable business, Grant is a respected member of the m4c community.

You'll have to forgive people around here for getting a bit riled up when someone unknowingly questions the man's reputation. He takes care of many, many members on here and we're just "taking care of our own."

Welcome to m4c. This place is a wealth of information and good people, so I hope you stay a while.

Also know that many people here are industry professionals, military, LE, etc. so you're going to be steered towards gear that just plain works and has been tested on the battlefield and elsewhere. Stag doesn't make a horrible, inoperative AR - but there is much better out there for your $ and people here will tell you that. They'll also shake their heads when you don't heed said advice. I hope you understand.

Cheers,

Christian

Thanks for the kind words krisjon... Seems like a great site!
d90king will have to put up with me for a while, because I will not be bullied into leaving the site.

Magic_Salad0892
02-23-12, 02:35
I think you would be better suited on ar15dotcom.

The rifle is sub par when compared to the Colt that was recommended, and it is generally considered a bottom tier rifle by anyone who takes the time to do research on the topic.

You came here seeking guidance, and when given sound advice, you reject it and call folks assholes.

Just move on. This isn't the place for you.

He wasn't calling us assholes.

I thought he did too, because I read his post really fast as I was browsing this thread.

Don't try to drive him away, dude.

Unless he buys the Stag.

DeltaSierra
02-23-12, 06:11
Whoa bro!! Simmer down a bit! I got on here asking for advice, not to bash anyone! I have never even heard of that place in my life, so how could I bash them? I was just posting a review of the dealer that was recommended to me, and stating that the negative comment didn't make me feel comfortable.

If you are soooo concerned about one negative review by some idiot that had an axe to grind, you should stay a long way away from Lan World, as a quick search will pull up multiple complaints about them - and those complaints actually sound legitimate.

ryan
02-23-12, 06:36
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105

I have several transactions with Grant, my BCM middy and BCM lower came from him. I will not hesitate to place my next order with Grant either.

RGoose
02-23-12, 07:56

I read through many of the comments on Pissed Consumer and most of them were reflections of the great service the poster received from G&R Tactical.

I've done business with them on several occasions and will continue to do so. One should have no issues dealing with Grant.

To the OP, please understand that from time to time we do get internet trolls on this site and people here want to protect the internet community of which they have become a part. Hang out for a while, read the sticky threads at the top of each sub-forum section, then make a purchase as an informed consumer. You will most likely come to the conclusion that many of us have; the Colt 6920 (or closest variant you can purchase in CA) is one of the better choices out there. It's not the only one, but it's popular amongst this crowd for a reason.

I think we've said enough in this thread.

Tzook
02-23-12, 08:15
Forget who you're ordering it from, you need to focus on getting that turd out of your mind and looking at a Colt, DD, LMT, BCM.

45auto
02-23-12, 09:11
.....you need to focus on getting that turd out of your mind and looking at a Colt, DD, LMT, BCM.
Excellent advice. :smile:

krisjon
02-23-12, 09:12
Forget who you're ordering it from, you need to focus on getting that turd out of your mind and looking at a Colt, DD, LMT, BCM.

Or Noveske. :D

Tzook
02-23-12, 09:14
Or Noveske. :D

Why don't you send me some of that trust fund money? Wallets a little light over my way..... :D

cj5_dude
02-23-12, 09:30
I think this thread got out of control real quick and demonstrates that people on here don't pay much attention to what they read.

Quick summary, the OP asked about some website to order a gun from. Someone else suggested G&R. The OP linked to a website with negative reviews on G&R and stated he was concerned about them. Then lots of people jumped on his back asking why he's trolling and nailing on G&R. The reality is he never even brought them up, someone else did.

I know this is a giant G&R love group on this website and it's near sacriledge to speak negatively of Grant but this guy never did and you're all jumping his ass for no reason.

So back yourselves up and calm down and help this guy.

C4IGrant
02-23-12, 09:42

LOL, well one thing you have to realize about that post is ONE customer started that thread because he wanted a free set of sights that didn't come with the gun. When we told him no, he threatened to "ruin us" on every forum/blog he could find. We don't take well to threats so told him to shove it. The other "Clue" that he is basically making it up is if you get screwed on a purchase, all you have to do is complain to your CC company and they will credit your account for the purchase (and there is nothing the dealer can do). This guy never did that (as he knew that he was in the wrong).

The other posts on there are pretty much from trolls on various forums that we have put in their place. They are butt hurt that they cannot get back at us so they just make up stuff and post on there.

Notice how no one signs their real name???

Another thing that amazes me is that people will read ONE negative feedback and ignore 26 pages of POSITIVE feedback: (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105). I never quite understood why people pay attention to one and ignore all the others.

With that said, every single gun dealer in the US has a customer that hates them. BCM, Colt, DD, Noveske, Grey Group, etc, etc, etc has people that will never do business with them. Just the way it goes and we are no different.

C4

JSantoro
02-23-12, 10:31
OP, start here: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355

Specific to your intended purchase, you'll find this: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376

Use that to narrow the scope of your questions, use the Search features to seek out existing threads that relate to them, read that material. You may revive older, related threads with new info or new questions.

Try to not start new threads based on general, broad-brush questions, particularly since they've already been done. The needless repetition can be grating, but that's not the same thing as unwillingness to help point you in the right direction...or, short of that, at least point out options.