PDA

View Full Version : Dump Pouches

Voodoochild
08-23-06, 20:51
So do you all use dump pouches to store empty mags after you have used them? I know this has to be a really dumb question and I apologize..

Sam
08-23-06, 20:58
Not a dumb question at all.

I use a Maxpedition Roly Poly, it folds out of the way when not being used, also lightweight and cheap.

Hoplophile
08-23-06, 21:29
Yes, a dump pouch is a great thing to have. For dump pouches and anything else you need to stash and go with. At the range they are great not just for empty mags but for stuff like gloves and a stapler.

MudBug
08-23-06, 22:41
Empties go on the ground, the dump pouch is for the partials left from Tac reloads.

You can pic up the empties later.

Hoplophile
08-24-06, 00:06
Empties go on the ground, the dump pouch is for the partials left from Tac reloads.

You can pic up the empties later.

Just to be sure we're all clear on the concept, if you've run to lock and are doing a speed reload then obvisouly the empties get dropped on the ground. When the shooting is over and you are policing up your shit, the dump pouch gives you a place to put the empty mags when you pick them up from the ground.

SethB
08-24-06, 00:34
The are, according to a USMC Captain I once met, "An all purpose carry-all for the Lance Corporal."

I don't believe he looked kindly upon the water bottles and other pieces of assorted gear that they carried into battle via that particular pouch.

But they are handy for mags.

nyeti
08-24-06, 02:14
I have found dump pouches to be a really useful addition to my first line rigs. I have them from Eagle, CSM, and Recce Gear, and they are all excellent.

Policetacteam
09-13-06, 16:33
I use a Maxpedition Rollypolly as well. It holds 7 30 rnd mags plus whatever else.

http://www.maxpedition.com/product/catalog_pouches.htm