PDA

View Full Version : Savage Edge

jwfuhrman
02-23-12, 10:00
Any good? Locally Wally world has them and in 308. Considering that Wally World is the only gun retailer that stocks anything within 45 minutes of me, this kinda stuff I don't mind buying there.

Will those actions fit in aftermarket stocks, and are there after market barrels out there as well? Basically looking for a cheap starting point.

Also have Marlin 336 in 30/30 I've been eye balling.

jmp45
03-06-12, 19:23
I picked up a .223 edge as an entry level bolt rifle. Installed a rifle Basix after market trigger since no accu trigger. Down to just above 2lbs. It was a good learning experience setting up. Very accurate for what what I've put into it. Edge may not have as much aftermarket accessories as the other Savage lines.

tpd223
03-08-12, 14:50
Savage makes some pretty accurate guns, not sure you'll need a new barrel.

I bought a standard Savage .308 a couple of years ago. Even with a lower priced scope, non Accu trigger, stock barrel and kind of crappy factory synthetic stock it shoots 1 1/2" with several off the shelf loads, such as plain vanilla 150gr Federal SPs.

I have owned several Savage rifles over the years, and had friends who have owned them as well. I have yet to meet a Savage that won't group.