PDA

View Full Version : Polytech AK 47

Arkansas
02-23-12, 11:34
Hey Guys,

How much would you pay for a LNIB (seriously, brand new condition) Polytech AK47 with matching everything, never been fired, has the original sling and bayonet? It has been sitting in a safe for over 40 yrs. Pictures to follow.

PS - I am not selling one, there is one that I just went and looked at.

IrishDevil
02-23-12, 14:08
Polytech was formed in 1984, and importation started in 1985. That's only 27 years, for an early model. Otherwise, it's all personal as to what someone will pay, they fall into a collector's market.

SteyrAUG
02-23-12, 15:14
Hey Guys,

How much would you pay for a LNIB (seriously, brand new condition) Polytech AK47 with matching everything, never been fired, has the original sling and bayonet? It has been sitting in a safe for over 40 yrs. Pictures to follow.

PS - I am not selling one, there is one that I just went and looked at.

Depends which one.

Milled fixed stock, Milled underfolder, Stamped fixed stock, stamped underfolder, stamped fixed stock with folding bayo, stamped underfolder with folding bayo...etc., etc.

Also, as noted above, the 40 year thing isn't possible. If the seller is making that claim, all other claims should be viewed with suspicion.

Arkansas
02-23-12, 15:33
Depends which one.

Milled fixed stock, Milled underfolder, Stamped fixed stock, stamped underfolder, stamped fixed stock with folding bayo, stamped underfolder with folding bayo...etc., etc.

Also, as noted above, the 40 year thing isn't possible. If the seller is making that claim, all other claims should be viewed with suspicion.

Yes, the seller did say it was in his safe for that long. It is milled fixed stock. He is very old and might be off by a few years...

SteyrAUG
02-23-12, 17:12
Yes, the seller did say it was in his safe for that long. It is milled fixed stock. He is very old and might be off by a few years...

Milled fixed stock is going to be a Legend. I "think" they were introduced for the first time in 1988 (possibly 89) and typically go for $2,000.00 or more depending upon condition. I've seen NIB with all accessories go for almost $3,000.00

Arkansas
02-23-12, 18:30
Milled fixed stock is going to be a Legend. I "think" they were introduced for the first time in 1988 (possibly 89) and typically go for $2,000.00 or more depending upon condition. I've seen NIB with all accessories go for almost $3,000.00

Now this is very helpful. Exactly what I wanted to know. Much appreciated SteyrAUG.

Iraqgunz
02-24-12, 04:32
Polytech AK's are very nice. That being said you need to decide if it will be a shooter or a collector for you. Once you fire some rounds through it, value is going to drop.

I will reemphasize to the person in question that it is at most 27 years old. I would also not pay the full asking price, unless it's worth that to you.

Jack-O
02-24-12, 10:24
From a more practical view, that would be one of the few guns I'd actually pay some money for. IMO $1500 would be the max tho with $1100-1200 being the ideal range. I'd be sore tempted to shoot the thing too. Damn the collectors value ;)

Personally I would pass at $2000 even for a wall hanger. You'd never get your money back on it. But then again my guns aint collectors. BTDT

Seen more than a few NIB chinese rifles sit for $600 or more at gunshows and never sell. mostly norincos tho. Polytechs tend to move better.

SteyrAUG
02-24-12, 20:39
From a more practical view, that would be one of the few guns I'd actually pay some money for. IMO $1500 would be the max tho with $1100-1200 being the ideal range. I'd be sore tempted to shoot the thing too. Damn the collectors value ;)

Personally I would pass at $2000 even for a wall hanger. You'd never get your money back on it. But then again my guns aint collectors. BTDT

Seen more than a few NIB chinese rifles sit for $600 or more at gunshows and never sell. mostly norincos tho. Polytechs tend to move better.

For a Polytech AKS-762 I would agree with your values. But for a milled Legend series the prices they actually get can be quite high. And I agree Norincos are a sub $1000 rifle in most cases. But if you are seeing NIB Norincos for $600 I wish you'd hook me up.

Jack-O
02-24-12, 21:23
For a Polytech AKS-762 I would agree with your values. But for a milled Legend series the prices they actually get can be quite high. And I agree Norincos are a sub $1000 rifle in most cases. But if you are seeing NIB Norincos for $600 I wish you'd hook me up.

cool, good to know. I know polytechs are some of the nicest guns I've seen in any event.

Gotta tell you... Montana has some of the best gunshows I've ever been to. there are a few that are consistently awesome, but overall Montana has a wealth of stuff hidden in peoples closets and safes.

Docwade
02-27-12, 19:05
I sold my legend fixed stock, no box, accessories, and one mag for $1600. It was extensively shot and had a few dents in the stock. $2k is about average.