PDA

View Full Version : Engraved dust covers... for chics?

Evil Colt 6920
02-23-12, 14:03
Im sitting here waiting on UPS to drop off a box of goodies from DD for an upper Im building for my wife. I would like to personalize it a bit for her with an engraved dust cover. Are there any current offerings on the market with female shooters in mind? Im a bit lost as to what to get... any suggestions? I like the "mud girl" seen on some covers but then again Im a guy and this may not be appropriate for the wife:p

nimdabew
02-23-12, 14:08
Go to a local jewelry engraver and get one cut there. CO2 lasers will put a nice picture on there for little money.

uwe1
02-23-12, 17:27
A local FFL here has a CO2 laser and does custom designs for dustcovers, lowers, and even stocks.

Jeff is a good guy. You could contact him at jeff@leoarmory.com.

DJ_Skinny
02-23-12, 18:52
What, you don't think she'd like the "SURPRISE COCKFAG" dustcover? :jester:

Spiffums
02-23-12, 19:21
You better hope she never has to shoot someone with that gun. The DA will have a field day with your "deadly engraved dust cover"....:sarcastic:

Does she has a favorite saying or is there something cool she likes?

Quentin
02-23-12, 20:57
Well you could always engrave "Sprinkles" on the dust cover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9VlQZ_vUM4

bigghoss
02-23-12, 22:03
What, you don't think she'd like the "SURPRISE COCKFAG" dustcover? :jester:

It's weird how woman don't find that as cool as men. Pfft, chicks.:D

Evil Colt 6920
02-24-12, 00:32
Thanks for the good laughs and info. I hadnt considered a local jeweler but will look into it. That also makes me wonder about the cheapo mall shops like "Things Remembered" for engraving. I may drop by there tomorrow :suicide: Im still at a loss as to what I should have engraved for her though:confused:

bigghoss
02-24-12, 00:58
Thanks for the good laughs and info. I hadnt considered a local jeweler but will look into it. That also makes me wonder about the cheapo mall shops like "Things Remembered" for engraving. I may drop by there tomorrow :suicide: Im still at a loss as to what I should have engraved for her though:confused:

"Not for use on husbands"

Bobert0989
02-24-12, 01:08
I like the

USA [====] (Flag)

lol, don't know if you caught that illustration, but I've seen them with USA on the left side of the cover, and the American Flag on the Right, that looks nice to me, and won't hurt re-sale value at all (as opposed to her name or a girly saying, lol)

pira114
02-24-12, 01:51
Engraved dust covers... for chics?

Yes. Engraved dust covers are for chicks. :sarcastic:

MistWolf
02-24-12, 05:25
"SHOOT LIKE A GIRL"

SpookyPistolero
02-24-12, 14:44
Ha! +1 for 'shoots like a girl'. I think any woman would get a kick out of that.

Todd00000
02-24-12, 14:51
What's her favorite flower?

tb417
02-24-12, 16:57
It may not be cute or sexy, but i remember when the "Surprise Cock Fag" one came out someone said something about the only thing he would want would be a bullet drop table engraved on his.

Sign me up for a couple of those.

Tom

excatm76
02-24-12, 18:15
My wife actually got into the zombie thing. I showed her a zombie hunter marked lower brownells was selling. I thought it was funy and she thought it was cool. For Christmas I started building her a zombie hunter themed rifle and she loves it. Personally I think it is silly, but if it makes her like the gun more, who cares. Google engraved dust cover and see what comes up. At least with the zombie stuff there is more than I would have ever imagined.

Vulture38
02-24-12, 18:32
"Shoot like a girl" Now I would get that on a dust cover for an AR for my wife.

Evil Colt 6920
02-24-12, 19:34
My wife likes roses... Im thinking a pair of roses with some THORNS to make it suck less. The picture in my head seems OK and I know she will like it. We got to test out her new upper today. Ran flawlessly:cool: Im going back to the range in the morning alone and will bring along a spare dust cover so I can visit a few engravers on the way home. I hope I can post a pic of this chick approved dust cover tomorrow :p Thanks for all the ideas!!!