PDA

View Full Version : Stock Choice - EMOD, SOPMOD, ACS or TI-7?

Feldgrun
02-24-12, 09:06
I am looking to put a stock on a 16" SS Wylde which I plan to use for some target shooting at 100-300 meters, but which I could also use at a class if I wanted to.

I already have a BCM 16" lightweight middy with a MOE stock, which is OK, but not one I'd use for longer-range target shooting.

I'd appreciate your advice for a stock with a good cheek weld (I have no facial hair), but which won't make the rifle too heavy/unwieldy. I've read good things about all of these stocks, but am particularly interested in the Tactical Intent TI-7...anyone recommend this after trying all others?

Also, any advice for optics for long range shooting?

SomeOtherGuy
02-24-12, 09:22
I would suggest a B5 SOPMOD over all those, and would also consider the Magpul STR.

I own and use two of the TI-7 stocks. They are very good stocks that should get more attention. In quality and features they compare well. The one small drawback, and the reason I don't recommend it for your stated uses, is that they have a little bit of vertical play (deflection) on the various quality buffer tubes I've tried them on (BCM, VLTOR A5, Spike's). It's not much of an issue but isn't as rock solid as you typically get with a SOPMOD or any of the Magpul stocks with the friction lock. I use mine on RDS equipped carbines where it really doesn't matter.

ggp2jz
02-24-12, 09:23
Im running two SOPMODS for what its worth and I really enjoy them.

JSantoro
02-24-12, 09:28
This has been done. Threads about all these stocks exist.

Use Search, find them, narrow your field of inquiry so that you can ask specific questions, and don't be afraid to bump somewhat older, related threads with questions that may not have been brought up.

The intent is not to deny info, but to get you to learn better by actively seeking out the info for yourself, instead of starting new threads that are only unique because the author, not the question, is new.

If you have trouble using the Search functions, PM a Senior member or a Moderator. We'll help you figure it out; you'd be amazed...