PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Front sight> LMT or DD?

NeoNeanderthal
02-24-12, 13:15
I'm picking up a 13" Vtac tube soon and unfortunately will be grinding off my lovely FSB. Since i'll be mounting my TLR1 at 12 o'clock, I figured I might as well have a front sight that is always up. The tlr-1 will be in my view nearly as much as a front sight anyway.

Been looking at the Lmt and daniel defense versions.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LMT-Fixed-Front-Sight-p/lmt%20front%20sight%20l8fs.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-Fixed-Front-Sight-p/dd-04013.htm

The 8 dollar difference is insignificant to me. If i was going on looks i'd go with the DD, but i'm not.

Any shooters use one or both of these? Advantages/disadvantages?? Any input would be helpful.

Obviously if something else is out there that is even better, then please share, i'm not stuck on these two. Thanks guys

lethal dose
02-24-12, 13:41
They're both legit. The DD is my favorite but if you want something that doesn't require a tool to remove, grab the LMT. With that said, I just picked up a fixed troy "HK" style front buis. Not that they function the same as an HK sight... I just thought I'd give one a whirl.

buckjay
02-24-12, 14:10
I've used both and functionally they are identical.

I like the lack of swag on the LMT so thats the route I go (they're also cheaper... you can pick them up quite regularly for around $35 new as take offs). The DD has their white logo/lettering on the front.

I usually cut off the thumb screw on the LMT and put a nut on it instead, so its just as low profile. (30 second job)

Basically either will serve your needs.

RD62
02-24-12, 17:22
I like the lower profile of the DD unit and would personally choose that one.

They are both durable and functional and would both serve you well.

usmcvet
02-25-12, 14:04
I had a VTAC on an upper and tried an LMT but it would not tighten down enough to work. I ended up getting Troy folding FS. I was told by a few, including Robb Jensen that a DD would likely fit.

ARonBoard
02-28-12, 11:17
You cant go wrong here. Pick the one you can stare at the longest.

Bonez556
03-05-12, 21:15
I have used the DD front sight on a couple different rifles now. I love it. It is light and reliable. It also looks alot better than the other big and bulky fixed front sights out there! Just my .02

YammyMonkey
03-09-12, 10:38
I've used the DDs on a few builds & everyone has been very happy with them. I like that they're more streamlined & lighter than the LMT.

TehLlama
03-09-12, 11:56
I lean towards the DD ONLY because I run fixed sights with X300's right in front of them, and the little bit more streamlined DD silhouette works better for that.