Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 10 FCP-SR and Vortex Viper PST 4x-16x FFP Mil/Mil Initial Review

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice shooting and setup. I really like the fact that Savage finally got with it and put a quality (AI-compatible) bottom metal on this system.

I wish that they had also put out a short 20" barreled version of this one. They already have a 20" barreled tactical model, but not with the nicer AI mag setup.

Feedback Score
    JCIN.....nice review. Very well done.

Last year, I picked up a Savage 10 FCP HS-Precision. It too wears a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP mil/mil optic. The only thing I've added to it was a Karsten cheek rest....which you said you were getting for yours.

The Savage 10 is a great platform, IMO. Glad to see you are having as much fun with yours as I do with mine. I took a 4 day precision rifle course this past December. It was great.

Best of luck with your new rifle.
    Last edited by arizona98tj; 02-29-12 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    just some tips and suggestions...

to improve the bolt lift and make is easier/smoother,
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1660661

or buy it..

Bolt Lift KitSmall disk and ball bearing design which prevents cocking piece from riding on bolt screw. $7.50 each

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/accessories.html

as for scope choices, for under 1k, the PST 24x line are GREAT...
    1k to 1400, look at the bushnell HDMR and SWFA
    1500 to 2k, NF and RAZOR "u can get a used razor for 1600 to 1800"

2k+ premier and S&B

my savage 260

Last edited by Ring; 03-20-12 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    Great review OP and nice setup. That's actually the same gun I'm looking to get for target shooting/hunting, just wish they came in black. Is yours the accustock? Bc the first one like yours I looked at wasn't then they sold it and got another one and it had the accustock. So I'm guessing all the new production guns are coming with the accustock now. My gunsmith swears by savage and that is the only off the rack mainstream gun he'll get. Hes not too fond of the model 700 rem either. I find the savage action to be smoother than that of most model 700s as well, at least the newer ones anyways. How much are spare mags for that rifle? 10 round mags are legal for hunting here but something like that can change at any time. I'd like to get a 5 rounder just in case and for of I travel to a state that requires 5 or less for hunting. Guess I could go single shot lol.

On another note, i just bought a vortex diamondback 3.5-10x50 for the ar and will eventually move to the .270 savage 111 I have. Seems nice so far but will know how it is once I shoot it. Seemed just as clear or clearer that leupolds of similar class but without their price tag

Feedback Score
    My rifle has the Accu-Stock. I was going to order a Karsten cheek pad but I'm probably going to swap the stock out at some point so instead of drilling it I just went low tech for the cheek rest with exercise mat foam and tape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12