12 year old MacAllan and you're on....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAB45 View Post
    Jon,
    How is this blade? Been debating picking it up. Thanks.
    This is the one knife I regret selling. As soon as I have the money in the next couple weeks I'll be buying another. Razor sharp, easy to sharpen, the only serrations I like (though it would still be nice to have the option of no serrations) that are also easy to sharpen, has a dlc coating plus it's made of 3v steel which is extremely durable.

I was on this thick knife kick and only carrying Strider fixed blades. I still ove my Strider fixed and folding knives and will continue to carry my SMF, but for fixed blade carry, I'll go back to the Echo.

The grip felt great and really solid when wet. The knife was the perfect size and weight.

The ESEE 3 or 4, the Echo and the Strider EB (or EB-LS) are some of the best field knives I've used. The Strider DB and EB-DB are great for carry when prying may be an option, but my need for them is considerably less than something like the Echo.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Socom Elite View Post
    Awesome gear there.

I will say though that the large Sebbies are way mo betta
    Thanks... I really liked my Sebenza and the Umnmzaan which I had a short time. I prefer the Strider SMF for my needs, but as a normal daily carry folder, I'd highly recommend the Sebenza to anyone needing a quality carry blade.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Thanks... I really liked my Sebenza and the Umnmzaan which I had a short time. I prefer the Strider SMF for my needs, but as a normal daily carry folder, I'd highly recommend the Sebenza to anyone needing a quality carry blade.
    I agree. My usual carry is a Lg Micarta Sebbie. It's hard to beat for an EDC. I had an Umnumzaan, it was nice but I ended up selling it for a Lg Regular Sebenza.
    All of this is just advice. You go out and do whatever the f&<€ you want to do.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My current EDC selection depending on whatever, basically smaller or larger.

Smaller
    • TorchLab 1100 lumen natural color triple-LED
    • Left/Right side Benchmade Mini-Griptillians modified for "wave" opening

Larger
    • Klarus XT-11 650 lumen white LED with dual switches for strobe/high.
    • Right side Strider SNG with cool golfball texturing and "wave enabling" zip ties
    • Left side full size Benchmade Griptillian modified for "wave" opening

Upgraded Classic
    • Surefire Z2 with TorchLab 1100 lumen natural triple-led drop in and bored out for 18650 rechargeable battery

Chosen light rides next to my extra mag in a custom Kydex pouch.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Dennis, did you do that wave mod to the BM Mini-Grips yourself? Or did someone do them for you?

Nice looking work, I've debated snagging a nice Mini-Grip myself.

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 03-11-13 at 21:13. Reason: bad spellur

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Dennis, did you do that wave mod to the BM Mini-Grips yourself? Or did someone do them for you?

Nice looking work, I've debated snagging a nice Mini-Grip myself.

Thanks very much!
    I did all three with a Dremel and a belt sander. Just took patience to cut thru the hardened steel.

Dennis.

Feedback Score

Re: EDC Light and Knife photo thread

Spyderco Tenacious
    Fenix PD32

Combined, these two set me back maybe $80, and I'm really happy with them. As an everyday light, I can switch the output level with a button press. Can't ask for a better knife at $30, made in China or otherwise.
    Last edited by nrvnqsrxk; 03-13-13 at 17:44.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Surefire LX2 and one of a handful of knives. Strider SNG CC........Also, carried an Emerson CQC-7 for a while.

As much as I like the Emerson knives, there's something lacking about the liner lock in my opinion.

I prefer the LX2 due to it's size and texture.
    Dude, You sure we're not related? My EDC light is an LX2. I don't think the progressive switch can be beat. and I've carried a SnG for years, but with a recent holster change, the shape of the Emerson conflicts less with the holster when seated.

As for the liner lock emersons, the ONLY way to go is to get a framelock.

Emerson HD7
    Surefire LX2
    Colt S.80

"you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast