Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Light and Knife photo thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Emerson Gentleman Jim and Surefire E2DL.
    Last edited by WallaS; 06-27-12 at 18:07.
    "It's better to die on your feet, then to live on your knees."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My entire EDC 'kit' (mostly up to date)

The pocket knife is generally the Spyderco Military pictured. For such a big knife (4" blade, BIG handle) it is surprisingly sleek. Words like svelte and sleek come to mind and it fits reasonably well in the same front pocket as my keychain. I like the FFG, CPM S30V steel. It is easy to get quite sharp on my Spyderco Sharpmaker and holds the edge well. It slices beautifully. It isn't super heavy duty and the tip is most certainly NOT meant to be used as a pry bar or a screwdriver, though.

Sometimes I carry an Emerson CQC-8 w/wave instead. Not quite as slick, not as good at slicing, but seems tougher.

The light is a 4sevens Quark 123^2 with XM-L. I just love the 2x123 Quark lights (and the older Fenix lights of the exact same size). Awesome output and just right for (vertical, next to OC can) front pocket carry. I used to carry the tactical UI but I now prefer the standard...quicker access to whichever output I want. Tip: I carry the light in a holster now, after cutting off the excess fabric and the plastic piece. I had a can of Fox labs OC leak in my pocket and I think that having it rub up against the outside of the light as I walked, day in and day out, was partially to blame.

A 2x123 Fenix or Quark has ridden in my front pocket as my EDC for, geez, it has to be at least 4 years now. And I've had a Fenix P1D-CE on my keychain probably 95% of the time for even longer. I beat the ever loving shit out of these lights and they just keep coming back for more.
    Last edited by Warp; 07-08-12 at 23:53.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Added a little bling to contrast all the tacticool-black

g4 g17
    STG (Sayoc) kydex holster
    Bladerigs brave heart sheath + modified brave heart
    Improved bloodshark

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Added a little bling to contrast all the tacticool-black

g4 g17
    STG (Sayoc) kydex holster
    Bladerigs brave heart sheath + modified brave heart
    Improved bloodshark
    Do you mind me asking you how long it took to get your Bladerigs sheath? I ordered mine 6 weeks ago, and have yet to see it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Do you mind me asking you how long it took to get your Bladerigs sheath? I ordered mine 6 weeks ago, and have yet to see it.
    I won mine in a class.

I have two more sheaths on order with him, shoot him an email.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks, I'll send another email.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Glock 23 gen 4 w/ 10-8 sights, Cerakoted Burnt Bronze
    Praetor Defense LH holster
    Benchmade Mini-Barrage
    Streamlight Polytac LED

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Voodoo_Man,

Is there anyway you could put up more shots of the Bloodshark?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
    Voodoo_Man,

Is there anyway you could put up more shots of the Bloodshark?

Thanks
    Sure. I am slightly busy at the moment but expect them in the next week or two.

Feedback Score
    I got an new sharpening tool recently and I had a bunch out cleaning and working on them. My son asked me what my favorite knife was and it inspired me to try and get artistic with the camera (I have a fantasy of being a great gear mag photographer)

I'm not an expensive knife guy, rarely more than $50 but they see use. Here is my current line up of favorites.

The machete is cut down from a Cold Steel, the sheath has various survival goodies attached to it. You win the internets if you can guess what movie I watched before I cut it down.

I've got 4 military Moras laying around- it fits in a nice pouch on my chest rig and it is an AMAZING knife for the price.

Old school Camillus military camp knife, not a primary- but I love it.

My favorite pocket knife right now is the Spyderco Persistence, only had it for a week though.

The Spyderco Ladybug rides on my work keychain- because carrying a decent sized folder is against the rules. It has a P38 on the chain.

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast