Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Light and Knife photo thread

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Make & model, please.
    Thanks!

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Make & model, please.
    Thanks!

john
    Warrior's Way TX (Head Hunter blades) "Rat" Knife.

moar photos

Feedback Score
    Just viewing the defense products, best edc tactical flashlight, and also details of best edc knife, pistol, watch etc and surely i will purchase few from those...
    Last edited by roseawebs; 11-19-17 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    Just added a new EDC to my collection - Applied Weapons Tech Benchmade mini grip with dark bronze anodized scales and black anodized back spacer. Still rocking the Thrunite Ti3 as my EDC light (the Ridge Wallet is simply to prop the knife in the photo and I added the watch to fill the screen...earlier attempts looked funny without something there and I'm no photographer). Couple of items to note - I put a mirror polish edge on the blade after receiving it (used the Wicked Edge system and yes you can't see it, did I mention my photographing skills suck?). The mini grip edge geometry from the factory is absolutely terrible! The bevels from the factory were at 13.75 degrees and 18.80 degrees. Benchmade seems to have some grinding issues as this is my 2nd Benchmade and they both needed more work than they should. I have Spydercos, ZTs, Kershaws, and Lionsteel knives, and they all are at least within a degree on their bevels. CPM 154 seems to take a nice edge, but it takes way less time than s30v to sharpen, and also dulls much more rapidly.

On another note, I liked the scales so much, I ordered a set of full sized grip scales and a Doug Ritter m390 griptilian (we shall see if Mr. Ritter grinds better than Benchmade factory). After receiving this knife, I contacted Benchmade regarding buying a deep carry clip. To my surprise Benchmade CS is shipping me one for free, so they may not be able to grind for s**t, but they can take care of the customer (which is probably more important since I can fix the grind issue).

The AWT scales are anodized perfectly. No off color spots or issues I can find inside or out (yes I took it apart and lubed and polished the washers). There are a few hot spots on the scales, maybe chamfering the edges would help, but it is really minor. The big picture is the griptilian line feels like a cheap knife due to the factory scales (they have released a g10 model, but for the price you can get AWT's offering, and it is still superior). With these scales, the mini grip is as nice as many knives I have paid over $200 for, and the centering is absolutely perfect. The knife came apart and went together perfect, and that alone is a testament to the machining.

2016-04-19 19.16.16.jpg

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    On another note, I liked the scales so much, I ordered a set of full sized grip scales and a Doug Ritter m390 griptilian (we shall see if Mr. Ritter grinds better than Benchmade factory). After receiving this knife, I contacted Benchmade regarding buying a deep carry clip. To my surprise Benchmade CS is shipping me one for free, so they may not be able to grind for s**t, but they can take care of the customer (which is probably more important since I can fix the grind issue).
    Benchmade's customer service is outstanding. As for their edges, some people get excellent results from their knives out of box and their sharpening service, some don't.

As long as it's a safe edge, I don't give it much thought. But I'm also kind of an ape, so...

Pic thread;
    940-1, EB1-T, Sidekick, Leatherman Style

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Made by Tracker Dan in collaboration with my good friend and Libre Fighting brother, Ed Calderon.

The Tracker Dan Guadana:

Wicked little blade.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    Custom Anax and copper Olight

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krisjon View Post
    Made by Tracker Dan in collaboration with my good friend and Libre Fighting brother, Ed Calderon.

The Tracker Dan Guadana:

Wicked little blade.

Ha! That is the exact word that popped into my noggin when I saw that knife.

Wicked indeed.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    LensLight KO has been my go to light for a while now but the Graham SRR has been edc'd for about the past three weeks. It's the only knife I've been carrying lately

-BTO-
    WHDG #1472
    Striderholic SO1472
    ROG #771
    -BTO-

Feedback Score
    As promised, the AWT + Doug Ritter m390 Griptilian next to the previously posted AWT mini-grip. This is currently my favorite EDC knife, and I have quite a few folders (Spyderco Manix 2, ZT 0566, Lionsteel SR2, Kershaw knockout and S30V Blur, Benchmade 300-1 to name a few).

2016-04-24 14.13.30.jpg2016-04-24 15.54.02.jpg2016-04-24 15.55.21.jpg2016-04-24 15.56.02.jpg2016-04-24 15.56.59.jpg

Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast