Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
One more thing, bows (compounds) are extremely user sensitive. They have to "fit" you, meaning draw length, draw weight, peep sight placement, etc.

Do not buy a used bow that "feels" right, go to a Pro shop and get fitted, shoot several different examples they have on hand.
Ryans right on the money here. I can't stress it enough. The best bang for the buck out there is the new offering from bowtech. My buddy just picked up a complete setup for around $675.

On another note when I bought my new bow (Martin exile) I thought the same thing you have. The pros of course is that's its quiet and fairly cheap to operate. The downside is that its big and goofy to carry around if it were a shtf situation. It doesn't seem so but its awkward. Takes up alot of room considering. Them there's the problem of where I find arrows or broadheads if I lose them and can't go to a store. How do I restring it if it would need down the road.

I'm not trying to detest you from getting one because honestly I absolutely love mine. I shoot it as much as my ar. One of the most rewarding things to take an animal with and just plain try to master. Just wouldn't be on my list to grab when the world is ending unless I absolutely know it won't be a burden.