Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lets Talk Bows!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the info and suggestions in this thread guys. I kinda stepped away from it and let you guys take it over with your input, but I've been following it. Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    If you're talking pure prep for the apocalypse... Learn to make a longbow from PVC piping. It actually works amazingly well!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thread resurrection as I too have found myself looking at bows after my first deer season. Have zeroed in on the Hoyt Ignite with the Ready to Hunt package. Any insight on this setup as a beginner?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    Thread resurrection as I too have found myself looking at bows after my first deer season. Have zeroed in on the Hoyt Ignite with the Ready to Hunt package. Any insight on this setup as a beginner?
    Brace height looks good, for a beginner I'd recommend 7.5 and above which this bow is 8".
    As most beginners will tear up a forearm.

Keep in mind fundamentals

A short axle to axle bow that shoots fast can be very frustrating to a new shooter. It's like shooting a pistol, small misform on the shot = big difference at the target.

If it's your very first bow you may want to try something a little longer axle to axle and a bit slower that will be more forgiving and still kill a deer just fine. If you do decide on a short fast bow just remember proper form and consistency is everything. Good luck!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456