Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hung Out to dry by Del-Ton

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Red face

I'm with Grant on this one. As you've been a member of this board for 3 1/2 years, what - precisely - ever gave you the impression HERE, that they were a company worth doing business with?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Wait, you were (on purpose) trying to spend $1600 + with Del-ton?

C4
    You beat me to it.....

Feedback Score
    Not to derail this informative thread ( ) but who in the hell would buy a Del-Ton lower for $89 when you can get a S&W for ~$115 and a Noveske Blem for $150?

Also, I see you have PSA lowers for $10 more than what PSA is selling them on their own website. (Note-It's Palmetto not Palmentto.)

One more thing...What the hell is this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Custom SBR with a 5.5 inch tros 3lug, Hahn Block, 512 Eotech, ramped bolt in 9mm we did years back. Thats an ugly FF but the owner had it sitting around and wanted to save money, IIRC it had a YHM FF and magpul MOE on it last time I saw it.

PSA had a pretty good wait on lowers about a month ago. You can buy them direct from PSA but you would have to pay the $20 transfer fee when you come to pick it up. We deal with all kinda of stuff, although we try not to touch the UTG type stuff AT ALL.
    Last edited by MrM4; 03-01-12 at 00:50.
    FFL 07/02

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So this thread is also copy/pasted over on [b]arfcom. Del-Ton just replied there. They say;

"We apologize for having to do this. We plan it to be only temporary. We prefer to offer US made milspec parts and if we must wait a little while to offer a quality product we will. We will not settle for foreign made parts just to make an extra buck. Our demands are extremely high right now due to recent SHOT Show, distributor demands, and it being election year. I think many remember how Nov. 5, 2008 was and are preparing earlier. We are a rifle manufacturer, so rifles come first. We have learned of shortages with raw materials and we are preparing for it by backordering parts that are needed to complete rifles.

We hate that we have to cut back small parts and certain builds due to demands. We hope that you understand and we hope that this is only very temporary until the supply meets demands better.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Laura"

Which sounds an awaful lot like "Yes it is true but please try to understand and don't be mad at us".

Now I could be nuts but here's a thought; If you really make all the dealers who would buy your product angry, who exactly do you think the distributors are going to sell those rifles to? After all - it IS dealers who buy from the distribtors. I don't really have a dog in this fight either way, but it seems to me that the fair business practice would be to put somehting new up on the website saying there will be long wait times,a nd apply that to new orders after that is posted. Changing your position on Orders you've already taken is basically just like breaking thier word.

As of this minute, thier website still says nothing about indefinate or extended wait times.
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 03-01-12 at 14:15. Reason: Removed link to arfcom

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I would suggest G&R, BCM, or DSG Arms for your small parts, with Armalite as another option. Prices are comparable. Of course I start with G&R for the LPK stuff but let's not let the word get out, I'm tired of them being out of stock!

For inexpensive barrels I would suggest you set up an account directly with Green Mountain, Shaw or Wilson, any of which can get you barrels of comparable or better quality in the same price range as DTI.

By the way, I have an unopened DTI LPK that I'll sell you for $40 if you're interested.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I'm misreading this thread somewhere. You said (OP) that you have to pay a $20 transfer fee for lowers from PSA?? As a builder of firearms (Type 7 FFL) and dealer in NFA (Class 2 tax stamp) why in the world are paying a transfer fee for anything?? I'm sorry if I didn't read this correctly (wouldn't be the first time) but the $20 transfer fee thing has me stumped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess I was not clear, I was replying to 8ball29s post about PSA lowers. I was just stating that we charge a $20 transfer fee so if the customer ordered direct from PSA they would have to pay that.

As a 07/02 we do not pay transfer fees ourselves.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got it.
    FFL 07/02

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrM4 View Post
    Got it.
    Got what? your parts? an answer? the message?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast