Thread: G19 Suppressor Barrels...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Question G19 Suppressor Barrels...

I want to buy one ready to drop in. Are they really drop in?

I'd like this to be a painless process, and I'd like not to send the pistol off to get fitted.

I see Jarvis says the G19 barrels they sell are drop-in.

So, Jarvis or KKM? Or something else?

Pics are always good too...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I called Jarvis around 1300 EST, they are producing the barrels as we speak, but they wont be ready till OCTOBER! What the hell? My Form 4s will be back before the barrel, and I mailed them off 8/17!

I have called Bar-Sto 3x in the past month, I always get the answering machine... Always...

Personally, if there isnt a live human being that can answer a few of my questions, they just lost me as a customer. I might give them one more chance.

KKM... They make barrels EVERY week and ship EVERY Friday! The gentleman that I talked to was very polite and very helpful. They might be the ones to recieve my business.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    KKM barrels truly are drop-in.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    KKM does threading? Or do I need to get someone to thread a KKM G17 barrel?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN
    KKM does threading? Or do I need to get someone to thread a KKM G17 barrel?
    They are one stop shop! They make barrels and threading.

IM Sent

Don
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Feedback Score
    Bar-Sto's "Semi Drop In" drop in with no problem. Bar-Sto can also black passivate the barrel, which is a nice touch for those that don't want a two-tone gun. The only real problem with Bar-Sto is their wait times - which are now around three months. Also, some don't like the fact that you have to pay extra for a thread protector.

As for never getting a live person on the phone, I've never had that problem... Just don’t try to call on a Friday (their closed).

I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Feedback Score
    I have had good luck with threaded Jarvis barrels in the past. They are VERY accurate and reliable. I have no personal experience with KKM, but I do have some fellow LEO's who use them to shoot lead in their Glocks. They have stated they are fine for training barrels, but prefer factory Glock barrels for duty use.

Customer service and actually talking to someone and getting barrels from Barsto is an issue that has been around for awhile. I think they just get too busy.

I have a suppressed G-17. I used a factory G-34 barrel and had it threaded by Tac Ops (who also did the suppressor). It is almost impossible to tell that the barrel is threaded because the thread protector is matched so well to the original barrel. Anytime you can use a factory Glock barrel is good, because it is nearly impossible to wear them out. I then had the grip frame cut to take G-19 mags. I get the best of both worlds with this set-up. Factory G-17 performance in a more concealable package.

G-17 barrels won't work in a G-19, IIRC (at least not in the older ones). The G-19/23's will work in a 26/27, and the 17L/24, 34/35, will all work in a 17/22.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN
    I want to buy one ready to drop in.
    So, Jarvis or KKM? Or something else?

Shivan, check out Lone Wolf Distributing (the Glock parts wholesaler guys).

Gemtech worked with them to come out with a very affordable, accurately-threaded series of Glock barrels. I understand they have 19 and 17s, as well as some of the 40Sws now, and soon G21s.

You're looking at sub-hundred dollar pricing, correctly-done threading, combat-fit (not 'sorta drop in' that makes your gun jam) and good delivery.

I don't get any commission or anything from Lone Wolf, I just wanted to make the project happen so there were good Glock barrels out there at a reasonable price.
    Kel Whelan

we've got enough friends already