Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Choose one; green light or NV monocular for Night Hog Hunt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes it is, and with "Fred Bear" by Ted Nugent playing in the background.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    Forget the cheap NV ocular and wait until you can afford the real thing that is going to cost 10X that amount.

In the meantime, a KLR 250 with both red and green LEDs modules (total investment $150) will do you well for 95% of everything that you will do scanning wise out to 200 yards.

A small Olight M-20 Crimson Red LED weapon light will top off the other 5 % (another $90).

If you want the best LED for longest range, get an Olight M3-X with Cree XM-L LED with a green ground glass filter and have at it out to 300 yards.

Do NOT put a red filter on a white LED, they only allow about 2% of the light through. If you need red, get a real red led.

Green however is a predominate wavelength from Cree white led emitters and will work just fine.

That should keep your freezer well stocked for at least a couple of years.....

Where would you recommend getting the light and green filters?

Feedback Score
    I get all my tactical LED lights and gear from Battery Junction, they are 100% GTG:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m-series.html

Look up the M-20 Crimson RED LED and the M3-X and their accessories.

Feedback Score
    BTW, here is a day time pic of my stand so that you can put into perspective the night gear photos above, it is 225 yards out to my game cam and feeder.....

That is my coyote decoy standing next to the pine tree about 50 yards out.
    Last edited by SkyPup; 03-16-12 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    Forget the cheap NV ocular and wait until you can afford the real thing that is going to cost 10X that amount.

In the meantime, a KLR 250 with both red and green LEDs modules (total investment $150) will do you well for 95% of everything that you will do scanning wise out to 200 yards.

A small Olight M-20 Crimson Red LED weapon light will top off the other 5 % (another $90).

If you want the best LED for longest range, get an Olight M3-X with Cree XM-L LED with a green ground glass filter and have at it out to 300 yards.

Do NOT put a red filter on a white LED, they only allow about 2% of the light through. If you need red, get a real red led.

Green however is a predominate wavelength from Cree white led emitters and will work just fine.

That should keep your freezer well stocked for at least a couple of years.....
    Can you shoot a link to this item? I am wondering if I should get one w/ a green light.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    I get all my tactical LED lights and gear from Battery Junction, they are 100% GTG:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m-series.html

Look up the M-20 Crimson RED LED and the M3-X and their accessories.

You can get the XLR-250 Red and/or Green LED torch here:

http://shop.boondock-outdoors.com/El...KL-XLR-250.htm
    Last edited by SkyPup; 03-16-12 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the link.

Feedback Score
    stay away from cheap NVG
    a good red or green LED light (I am testing a green from Selph Arms and it's good to go out to 200 with a decent scope)

I have been testing a Pulsar N500 digiital NV and I just don't trust it, last weekend we were out hunting and I chose to run the Selph green LED instead

my hog wacker
    Wilson Combat 6.8, 16" lightweight barrel, S&B 1.5-6 flashdot #9. Selph Arms green LED

Last edited by ccoker; 03-18-12 at 21:01.
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    Looks good!!! I wish someone on this forum would contact me so i can start advertising...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast