Thread: Moving away from IL and FOID

Feedback Score

Moving away from IL and FOID

Deciding to move out of Illinois and move to Vegas. My FOID is good for about another 8 years. What exactly do I do about this card when I leave the state? I'm thinking maybe I'd come back to IL one day after 5 yrs or so and the renewal process of the FOID is so much easier then reapplying.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recently left Illinois as well but have no plans on moving back. I logged onto the Illinois State Police website to change my FOID address so that it doesn't have a fraudulent address. You might want to call them to get a straight answer about your particular situation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Illinois sucks, I'm moving in 3 months to Arizona or Utah.

LOOK UP hb-1294 rights going to be annihilated
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bill...ionID=84&GA=97

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Burn it so you'll have more incentive to never return!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Burn it so you'll have more incentive to never return!
    AGREED!!

I am on the five year plan. I hope by then I will be able to sell the house without too much loss. Even if it's just to get across the river to Iowa. The politics of Chicago have ****ed this entire state for far too long. I want out!!

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this state. I can't wait to get out of here unfortunately its not going to happen for some time. If you don't have to live in Illinois for work or family reasons there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to live here. Sadly Chicago is what messes it up for much of the rest of the state.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownpig View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this state. I can't wait to get out of here unfortunately its not going to happen for some time. If you don't have to live in Illinois for work or family reasons there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to live here. Sadly Chicago is what messes it up for much of the rest of the state.
    Well Chicago and Springfield. To the OP, glocktogo has it right, leave that state and never look back. I drive longer miles sometimes on trips simply to avoid that godforsaken state. Never had a good experience there.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    You have the most ancient of dilemmas, "fight or flight"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey I have exactly one year to this month to leave, unfortunately I will probably PCS to pendleton which sucks but it is better than here. There is nothing gun owner friendly in this state, from statewide handgun registry they are trying to implement to that stupid foid card they use to track gun owners. I want out, and I will never look back on this hole! There is my rant! For gun owners who are staying I salute you! You have a lot more patience for this place than I ever will.
    "If man does his best what else is there?"
    - George S. Patton