Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help decide which upper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rob_s put together this great spreadsheet that explains a lot of the stuff you are asking.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...=5&output=html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

psa

Having built both bcm and psa. I would say psa for bang for buck value. I have put every brand of ammo through my 14.7 psa chf lw fn upper. Over a 1000 rds so far. Believe it or not its more accurate than my bcm. But that 31k round count which i think was bcm test or whatever is killer. But my next 20 inch build will be psa

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebush50 View Post
    Having built both bcm and psa. I would say psa for bang for buck value. I have put every brand of ammo through my 14.7 psa chf lw fn upper. Over a 1000 rds so far. Believe it or not its more accurate than my bcm. But that 31k round count which i think was bcm test or whatever is killer. But my next 20 inch build will be psa

1000 rounds is nothing. I'm sorry but every post you make is just an echo "Buy PSA its better than BCM". It's very obvious you are trying to justify your purchase and make it out that your SW/Spikes/PSA level gun is up to par with the "big dogs" such as BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, Noveske. You can't truly believe the bullshit you're spouting off, I hope.

OP: As mentioned above, BCM is the way to go over PSA but if you're truly settled on PSA then what you want is a chrome-lined MP tested upper - preferably lightweight but YMMV. Me? I threw down the $100-$150 extra dollars and got a BCM.

Car terms work well. Why spend that much on Toyota when you can put in just a little bit more and have a Lexus?

Feedback Score
    Butch, I was toiling with the exact same decisions that you are not so long ago. I contacted Grant at G&R Tactical via email and bombarded him with questions. I ended up spending a little more to get a BCM 16" BFH middy and haven't looked back. I am super happy with the BCM and the work from Grant.
    Take careful heed of the recommendations presented by the folks here. Most of the individuals here put their lives on the line with their weapon and can truthfully tell you the best route to go.
    You will be much happier down the road having a gun like a BCM that just runs instead of having to come back here and search for reasons that yours won't.
    Last edited by bull8042; 03-21-12 at 12:11. Reason: momentary lapse of intelligence

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This subject has been touched upon numerous times in as many months.
    Use the orange search button in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
    Last edited by polymorpheous; 03-21-12 at 12:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    General shooting, 50yds or less, 1000 rds per year? I think I'd get a PSA lightweight midlength if I were you, a good BCG, and call it a day.
    Are there better choices for more money? Yes. Do you really need them given your use? Not really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12