Page 1503 of 1515 FirstFirst ... 5031003140314531493150115021503150415051513 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,030 of 15150

Thread: The Official Where Can I Get It Thread?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I suddenly and for the first time am interested in putting an offset MRDS on a scoped rifle having an LPVO on it. The world seems to be telling me that having an offset MRDS mount that puts the dot at the standard 2.5 / 2.6 offset over the bore is a dumb idea. I can't find anyone that makes it or has considered it. Am I really crazy for thinking:
    1. Mounting an MRDS ~an inch higher than anything else makes it that much more vulnerable to knocks and damage;
    2. Mounting it that high means all the accustomed-to close range offsets are now slightly different;
    3. Mounting it that high means there is no chance of co-witnessing with offset, flip-up, BUIS. I actually almost got the product-inquiry equivalent of rolled eyes on that one. Like, "why would you want that?" My answer would be, MRDS are delicate to start with, plus.... you know, batteries. For a < 2 oz weight penalty, I might like to have some irons.

What I want specifically: a 45 degree offset MRDS mount that has protective wings and puts the MRDS (at this point, whatever MRDS but looking to start with a Vortex Venom) at a height that allows a centered co-witness with flip-up, offset, BUIS. I have not measured everything out there but my impression and belief is that all or most such BUIS put the sights at the "usual" height over bore. Strong pref that it not be QD, it adds weight. It seems like I may have found some out-of-production offerings, they looked lower but no info WRT dot height over bore.

Also: an associate recently bought the new S&W 2.0 "Metal". No plastic frame, it's aluminum and sofar it seems like a great pistol. It's optics ready coming with multiple adaptor plates. The one that fits the Venom is parallel and will not allow him to get the dot adjusted down to the point of impact. We have looked at a few aftermarket ones and the same problem applies. By my reckoning it calls for maybe 40 minutes of "downslope". 20 or 30 might do it. Not sure but I'm surprised if the Venom has "less" adjustment to it. Any comments / help? As with the above I've tried a few and don't want to keep buying and trying, I want to just find one that has actual info like, "X-MOA of downslope" or, "made to work with Venom / S&W combo".
    https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPOINT4-WPG-ROS

This is the only one that I know of with the "wings" to protect the optic but I believe is only for the J-Point Optic. One of the guys I've shot with has this on his 3 gun AR, I've reached out to see how he likes it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I think the closest would be the trex offset mount, no wings though.

Who are recommended NV vendors? I know tnvc, nocturnality, and steele. Im looking for photonis pvs 14, especially with a BF deal.
    Jrh enterprises. I believe he goes by lowdown on this forum

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I suddenly and for the first time am interested in putting an offset MRDS on a scoped rifle having an LPVO on it. The world seems to be telling me that having an offset MRDS mount that puts the dot at the standard 2.5 / 2.6 offset over the bore is a dumb idea. I can't find anyone that makes it or has considered it. Am I really crazy for thinking:
    1. Mounting an MRDS ~an inch higher than anything else makes it that much more vulnerable to knocks and damage;
    2. Mounting it that high means all the accustomed-to close range offsets are now slightly different;
    3. Mounting it that high means there is no chance of co-witnessing with offset, flip-up, BUIS. I actually almost got the product-inquiry equivalent of rolled eyes on that one. Like, "why would you want that?" My answer would be, MRDS are delicate to start with, plus.... you know, batteries. For a < 2 oz weight penalty, I might like to have some irons.

What I want specifically: a 45 degree offset MRDS mount that has protective wings and puts the MRDS (at this point, whatever MRDS but looking to start with a Vortex Venom) at a height that allows a centered co-witness with flip-up, offset, BUIS. I have not measured everything out there but my impression and belief is that all or most such BUIS put the sights at the "usual" height over bore. Strong pref that it not be QD, it adds weight. It seems like I may have found some out-of-production offerings, they looked lower but no info WRT dot height over bore.

Also: an associate recently bought the new S&W 2.0 "Metal". No plastic frame, it's aluminum and sofar it seems like a great pistol. It's optics ready coming with multiple adaptor plates. The one that fits the Venom is parallel and will not allow him to get the dot adjusted down to the point of impact. We have looked at a few aftermarket ones and the same problem applies. By my reckoning it calls for maybe 40 minutes of "downslope". 20 or 30 might do it. Not sure but I'm surprised if the Venom has "less" adjustment to it. Any comments / help? As with the above I've tried a few and don't want to keep buying and trying, I want to just find one that has actual info like, "X-MOA of downslope" or, "made to work with Venom / S&W combo".
    Seems like you’re searching for an uncommon solution to an anticipated problem. I’ve thrown around my rifle with a Holosun on offset during 3 gun and it’s been fine.

You’re set on needing three aiming systems, two of them being cowitnessed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This to me is one of the neatest options for a MRDS mount. Especially if using an RMR with the easy access to the battery. I don't have one though (yet ), so no "hands on" experience.

https://www.valhallatactical.com/ruk...e-offset-mount

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks, all.

Yes, I am set on a backup for the backup. For the minimal weight of having flip-up offset irons, why not? May sound silly but dang, MRDS are so vulnerable. Both to knocks and.... dead batteries. Glad yours is holding up but I just see a lot of potential for hard knocks.

I mean, even "if only" for the standard offset height, forgetting about the co-witness, still, to me, makes it preferable.

Thanks Lobo, but I can see that it's too high. Also over-complicated for my application and since I am in buying-and-trying-and-friggin'-rejecting mode, too expensive too.

Bottom line here, I'm way too busy to make one. I could, but I really don't want to.

Is it really so wild an idea? I mean the Tango 6T on the gun is actually great at 1X but still can't compare with an MRDS for both-eyes-open close and fast. That 45 degree cant gets the scope out of the way and really opens up the field of view.

I will confess I'm working on theoretical here as much as anything; I'm no door-kicking, HALO-jumping badass, but do still shoot a little bit of competition and anyway the big thing making this a personal quest now is I can't believe no one else wants this and I feel the need to prove that everyone should want it!

So, Dear Santa, bring me an MRDS mount that:
    Offers protection to the optic;
    Is not QD because I don't want the weight;
    Allows a centered co-witness with 45 degree flip-ups.
    I've been naughty, this is true, but I will start being nice if you just bring the damned thing!

What do you mean, that's not how it works?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Gonna try this, it looks very low:
    https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/rebel-offset

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Trying to find the best price on a Midwest Industries AR-10 upper receiver rod (sku MI-308URR). MWI has it for $149.95. Found one for $106.29 at Hinterland Outfitters, but have never heard of them before.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Trying to find the best price on a Midwest Industries AR-10 upper receiver rod (sku MI-308URR). MWI has it for $149.95. Found one for $106.29 at Hinterland Outfitters, but have never heard of them before.
    I have ordered from Hinterland before. No issues with them.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Hinterland is gtg
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks viper & vegas

Page 1503 of 1515 FirstFirst ... 5031003140314531493150115021503150415051513 ... LastLast