Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Way To Carry Spare Shells

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I use a CSM dump pouch to carry spare shells at matches. Side Saddle on the gun, and I forgot the brand but, I have a leather butt cuff for shells that is of good quality. Don't always use the butt cuff as I find it slower to load from than the pouch or side saddle. Not applicable to a pump but I like the 3 Gun Gear SlideLock 2 Pack on my automatics, works very well when I'm duck hunting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    The problem is that with any hard use, you will leave a trail of shotgun ammo like Hansel and Gretel…
    And having to take a somewhat precision, completely important shot... with six and a half pounds of "sling" swinging back and forth under the gun sucks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    The problem is that with any hard use, you will leave a trail of shotgun ammo like Hansel and Gretel…
    The nice thing about this though is that you can fight your way back to your truck with ammo resupply along the way.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Side Saddle

I load two different ways for my shotgun. I have a Mark Otto 9 shot side saddle on my FN and I also us Choate and Progressive Machine shotshell strippers that attach to my belt.

Either way it takes a lot of practice to be able to reload fast. This is from the perspective of a 3G shooter and not a hunter.

Get Em Good!!

Jayson Smith

Feedback Score
    I've been using a Prana chalk bag for years. It's durable is fairly light and fits well on my belt. It'll hold a box (25) of shells. The elastic top keeps the shells well-protected but still grants me immediate access by just shoving my hand in and grabbing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12