Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
I have been using over a dozen of the Esstac cards for my duty shotguns for a few years now and have had no issues other than the mentioned cuts from the sharp corners during training. It only took me few training days to be annoyed by this at which point I just cut all the corners off and smoothed them out with a mini blowtorch and a wet fingertip.

As far as glued on velcro holding tight to your gun I have found that "Extreme" type velcro will hold very well, and if it does peel it will do so slowly so you will see it start well before it just falls off.

Of course, when gluing preparation is EVERYTHING so make sure your receiver is super clean first with at least rubbing alcohol. I actually still use a sidesaddle of some sort of my receivers and use the Esstac cards on my buttstocks. I mount velcro directly to the stock after roughing up the surface a bit with sandpaper and cleaning it well with rubbing alcohol. Rounding the edges of the velcro will help resist corners coming up as well as just using real contact cement instead of the sticky velcro.

Good Luck!

Dennis.
Would you mind posting or directing me to a picture of that set up? I think that would be a very interesting idea of play with, as well as a more secure way to carry extra rounds then the slide over elastic holders, and may be something to play with before deciding to buy a speedfeed stock, on an upcoming 870 build I am wanting to do.