Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Hills Red Box M193

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    SAAMI .223, not M193.

Not previously seen in the Cabelas dry boxes. Are you certain it was BHA? Original BHA packaging, or presumption? Locally assembled, I wonder?
    I think this is directed towards me...

I believe it was a local thing. The dry box just had a taped on handwritten label on the outside and was hidden behind a bunch of bulk .22-250 and .30-30 ammo. I tried to buy more of it but they "lost" their other 10 or 15 boxes of it somewhere in the store. It was packaged just like every other BHA ammo I've bought from 55 grains up to 75 and 77 grain stuff.

I just checked the Cabela's site and they have blue box bulk in the dry boxes. 250 for $110. And it is .223 spec ammo not 5.56 spec. I have also found M262 seconds at the same location. $30/50 and I only bought half of what they had...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    If thats Red Box thats a great price these days.
    Yep. It's Red Box. Only place around here that I've found it. I bought all they had at the time, but need to go get some more. Hopefully it hasn't gone up. We'll see.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Yep. It's Red Box. Only place around here that I've found it. I bought all they had at the time, but need to go get some more. Hopefully it hasn't gone up. We'll see.

-RD62
    Buy it all! I found some at the local Sportsmans at that price a several months ago and bought it all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    I think this is directed towards me...

I believe it was a local thing. The dry box just had a taped on handwritten label on the outside and was hidden behind a bunch of bulk .22-250 and .30-30 ammo. I tried to buy more of it but they "lost" their other 10 or 15 boxes of it somewhere in the store. It was packaged just like every other BHA ammo I've bought from 55 grains up to 75 and 77 grain stuff.

I just checked the Cabela's site and they have blue box bulk in the dry boxes. 250 for $110. And it is .223 spec ammo not 5.56 spec. I have also found M262 seconds at the same location. $30/50 and I only bought half of what they had...

Spooky
    Currently the same deal for 250 is now $140 from Cabela's... I guess they didn't waste too much time changing the prices of their ammo...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    I was at the Cabelas in East Hartford CT. yesterday (Sun 13 Jan) and they had BH red box 55 gr in their dry box.

250 rds with box was $140.00.

Marked as .223 and was in LC case with NATO stamp.

FWIW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12