Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    what he said ^^^
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    BIG thanks to all of you guys! I have already learned a lot!

My lower is done, Mega Billet with EMOD A5 kit. I only have a LMT Rear Sight, I think I will RIBZ my rifle at 55/200 yards.
    Now I still can't afford an Optics / suppressor, I want to spend money on the upper/barrel and ammo.

itllgrowback, sir, thank you for sharing your experience!
    Last edited by kisskaren; 03-07-12 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    So, you want the nonsensical gov't profile barrel, and say that it's important to you, but you don't care about whether the handguard / rail is free floating or not?

Don't take offense, but this kind of indicates that you're probably not sure what to be looking for. I'd research barrel profiles a bit using the orange search button, and also look into free float vs. non free float. I think you'll ultimately switch your priorities around.
    Beat me to it.... This is good advice. Take it.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I decided to buy a DD M4 V7 Upper Gov't profile.
    I Google and find it on Rainier, midwesthuntersoutlet , midwayUSA and D&T arms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kisskaren View Post
    I want to purchase a quality Complete Upper to finish my personal first build, please help me choose between Noveske and DD.

Use:
    --Range/dynamic shooting 0-600yards.

I really Want:
    --16 inch mid-length Chrome lined cold hammer forged Barrel;
    --The barrel must be Reliable, Durable and Accuracy!!
    --I prefer Gov't profile.
    --Affordable Price.

I'm not too concerned about:
    --Has A2 fixed front sight or not
    --Non/Free Float Handguard
    --AAC blackout or A2 Birdcage (can't afford suppressor)

So:
    --Noveske 16" Light Recce, BASIC Upper
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=
    --Daniel denfense V7 upper
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2967

Which one? Why? Where I can get it at a good price? my older brother has a military ID, but I guess maybe somewhere will have better price. Thanks in advance guys! Finally, I will have my own AR, I don't need shoot my brother's guns anymore!! : )

Attachment 11445

Attachment 11446
    I know you are not concerned about free float but you should be as this greatly improves practical accuracy. I also hate fixed front sight posts. Get the DD and when you shoot the barrel out (long time) then get a Noveske Barrel. I have owned both DD and Noveske guns and I prefer Noveske but with the choices you gave me the DD is set up more to my liking.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You really can't go wrong with either one. They are both very nice but if it were me I would go with a DD. Their uppers and barrels are VERY high quality. I'm not saying noveskes aren't or anything. I think noveske is a very good option as well. I'm just a big DD fan. If you were going to build a more precision gun that you wanted for group shooting I would suggest a noveske upper with one of their poly barrels. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with the above. You really have to decide what kind of rifle you want. I've been torn for months about wanting a long distance hunting rifle I could combine with a self/home defense rifle that I could take carbine classes with. After lurking here for months I figured out quickly that the two really can't be had in one rifle. Sure, a hunting rifle will defend you, but the optics choice on one wouldn't be the ideal choice for a combat weapon. Likewise the combat rifle isn't going to reliably make 300 yard hits on coyotes and foxes if it's properly set up for defensive uses.

I want a lightweight rifle for my defensive carbine. That means a CHF lightweight barrel. A barrel like that, while accurate enough for it's purpose, isn't going to give the satifaction of a good long range barrel.

It all boils down to the fact that it's difficult, if not impossible, to get what you need out of one rifle. Which is exactly why I am saving my dollars to get two rifles.

If it's a CHF lightweight barrel you want, than the difference between the Noveske and DD isn't much and it's pretty much a coin toss.

If you want a more precision barrel and move away from the CHF lightweight barrel, Noveske is really the only choice between the two.

I just ordered a DDM4 V7 for my defense/training rifle.

Feedback Score
    DD if your money is important to you, Noveske if it's not. Both will kick ass and take names.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The DD V7 is a great choice, and in all fairness Noveske will build uppers with DD handguards if you're willing to wait for them to put yours into production - both are top notch.

As many have suggested, paying for a Noveske upper that doesn't use a FF handguard is a bit silly if you're looking for accuracy, but with their proprietary SWS handguard, the TROY/VTAC models, or any of the DD FF units makes the Noveske a true tack driving option... not that the V7 is any slouch in that department either.

The V7 is the right choice - you'll have more cash in hand to spend on ammunition, and will be better able to avoid junky optics (again, out towards 600yd poor glass means piss poor results).
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Appreciate for all the replies! I ordered a DDM4 V7 URG, and can't wait put my hands on the MFR handguard.
    Since I only want a CHF barrel, the difference between DD/FN barrels performance < their price diffrence.

Maybe in my next Stainless Steel build, I will use a 20" Krieger, Pac Nor or lothar-walther barrels.
    Last edited by kisskaren; 03-09-12 at 12:23.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast